Can you answer these questions?

Old December 17th 04, 09:18 PM

Default Can you answer these questions?

satire

(1) I gotta buy a flight bag. Which one should I buy?

(2) What should I keep in that flight bag?

(3) Which flash light should I buy for night flight?

(4) My wife needs a headset. Given that you do not know her or for that
matter, haven't seen her, Can you tell me which headset should I buy
for her?

(5) I just soloed, which sunglasses do I need?

(6) I got to buy a plane this month to get a huge tax break. Which one?
Oh! and in another thread, I have posted a question about whether to
save a few bucks on a transceiver by not getting the nav feature.

(7) I am a enter profession here. I like flying, can you tell me if I
should become a professional pilot?

/satire

p.s.:

[instrcutor to student on a night flight]: In case you have an engine
failure at night and you are going down for an off-airport landing,
remember to turn the landing light on so you see where you are going to
crash.

[student]: What if I don't like what I see?
[instructor]: Turn the light off.

Old December 17th 04, 09:56 PM
Mike Adams

satire

Yes, but do I have to?
Old December 17th 04, 10:55 PM
Jeff Franks

Humor appreciated, but at the same time, isn't the purpose of these forums
to help each other understand what we don't currently understand? A new
student pilot with no aviation background won't know that these aren't
"good" questions or that they aren't giving us enough information.

I work in the computer networking field and *CONSTANTLY* get questions from
business clients like "My computer at home keeps running out of memory, can
I put the 80 GB hard drive I saw at walmart in it?".......well, there are
about 15 areas of concern that I could come back and completely destroy the
person on in that one sentence. But, why? They don't know. They only know
that they are having a problem and are smart enough to ask for help.

Sorry, if we've offended you with our ignorance in the past. Let's talk
about RIP/RIP2 and IP routing sometime.

jf

oups.com...

Old December 17th 04, 11:18 PM
PJ Hunt

I just tell people they need to download some more memory off the internet.

They could try www.downloadfreememoryhere.com

If they are all out of memory at that site, I offer to email them some.

PJ

Here's to the duck who swam a lake and never lost a feather,
May sometime another year, we all be back together.
JJW

Old December 17th 04, 11:58 PM
Frankster

I tried to download that memory. Bad link. Can you please check the link
and post the right one for downloading memory. I'd like about 1 Gig. And I
need it by tomorrow, so I can save a large amount of data to my hard drive.

Thanks!

-Frank

Old December 18th 04, 12:22 AM
PJ Hunt

That link may have a broken sparkalator or fluxmotometer. Try it again later
and if it doesn't work I'll see if I have any extra lying around here I can
email you.

Old December 18th 04, 12:37 AM
Ditch

(1) I gotta buy a flight bag. Which one should I buy?

I just use a backpack...it fits nicely between the seats in the Caravan.

(2) What should I keep in that flight bag?

Things to hold the aftermath of bodily
functions...see---http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=44435

(3) Which flash light should I buy for night flight?

One that doesn't use up all your battery power by just sitting there (like mine
do).

(4) My wife needs a headset. Given that you do not know her or for that
matter, haven't seen her, Can you tell me which headset should I buy
for her?

The one where the microphone doesn't work.

(5) I just soloed, which sunglasses do I need?

RayBan Aviators...or those General Macarther ones they used to have.

(6) I got to buy a plane this month to get a huge tax break. Which one?
Oh! and in another thread, I have posted a question about whether to
save a few bucks on a transceiver by not getting the nav feature.

An F-104

(7) I am a enter profession here. I like flying, can you tell me if I
should become a professional pilot?

No...

[instrcutor to student on a night flight]: In case you have an engine
failure at night and you are going down for an off-airport landing,
remember to turn the landing light on so you see where you are going to
crash.

[student]: What if I don't like what I see?
[instructor]: Turn the light off.

Wuss...Be a man and see what you are going to hit.

-John
*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North
American*

Old December 18th 04, 06:32 AM

Jeff,

My post was made tongue-in-cheek. I ruined the satire by marking it
"satire" for the humour impaired, still no luck...

See Satire in dictionary:

Sati n. 1.a. ... work that attacks human folly through irony,
derision, or wit.

FWIW, I have made my share of silly posts and silly questions in this
forum and learned from the replies.

And I accept your offer to talk about IP routing any time. you will
find that I have worked in the networking field for 13 years and have
learned a bit.

Old December 18th 04, 07:58 AM
Ditch

somebody didnt catch the joke

Yes, I caught it very well, thank you.

If you read the replies, they were a joke (well...mostly) as well. Who didn't
catch the joke?