Senior Pilot and Command pilot ratings

Old September 8th 03, 05:05 PM
Alan Minyard

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 15:03:03 GMT, "Phineas Pinkham"
wrote:

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message
"Gord Beaman"wrote:

"Phineas Pinkham" wrote:

The children have been allowed to stay up too late again.

Jealousy has reared it's ugly head.

More like 'lack of knowledge by fighter jocks' has reared it's
ugly head I'd say...

It's quite amazing to me that a supposedly intelligent pilot like
Ed would show his bare ass so badly in public .

There's an image that makes even the brave quake.

Cut me a bit of slack please.

Ed Rasimus

Did we hurt the tender feelings of our local expert on everything?

You are an ass, Pinkham. Ed, and several others on this group, have
years of experience, much of it "white knuckle" time. What are your
qualifications? Have you ever been in a cockpit?

Either learn some respect or go away.

Al Minyard
Old September 8th 03, 05:23 PM
Alan Minyard

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 20:26:25 GMT, "Gene Storey"
wrote:

"ArtKramr" wrote

he was smart to pick an organization
that knows how to treat aircrew like mature adult men: MAC

Our aircrew averaged 19 years old. (grin)

I was in an outfit where even LtCol's had to be instructed (and maintain)
currency in tying their shoes, and reporting to TAC HQ when deviations
were found (bean count). 40 year old "kids!"

Then I went to the "Black Hole" in Egypt, got off a 141, and a MAC
Colonel was standing at the BBQ with his shirt off, and wearing his
shower trunks and a golf hat with bird insignia, asking if we wanted one
or two pieces of chicken... When I replied I could kill for a beer with
that, he kicked open a foot-locker packed in ice and had probably 200
cans of Falstaff... We all fainted.

He got more work out of me in 30 days, then TAC got out of me
in 14 years.

Isn't it amazing how much more work a guy can get by treating his
troops decently?

Al Minyard
Old September 8th 03, 05:23 PM
Alan Minyard

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 21:30:30 GMT, "Gord Beaman" )
wrote:

Ed Rasimus wrote:

But, we didn't go through the "mother may I" routine that I described
in the excerpt. We were "standardized" for sure, but we weren't
ritualized.

Cut me a bit of slack please.

Ed Rasimus

Of course...and I fully realize that your post was meant to show
up the humour in the situation (and was quite well done too).

Also I can readily understand how a pilot and a WSO who fly
together constantly on an a/c designed to be quite intuitively
flown could develop a working scenario where minimum chatter is
involved. But when a PIC and a Co-pilot are picked at random to
fly a large passenger airliner then procedures need to be
standardized so that everyone is using the same songbook. Toss in
a third crewman as used to be the case and you have a lot of
chances for disaster if they're not all on the same page. It may
sound silly but there's a really good reason for standardization.

Hell, most flying establishments have a whole section devoted to
'standards' alone.

Large airlines (and the military) don't pump millions into a
theory just for the hell of it.

Millions and millions of dollars are at stake, Airlines just
cannot take the same chances that the military can...Look at
TWA...one crash and the company bites the dust. The
'...whole...damned...company...' mind you, there's the matter of
some 230 people dying as well. And this one wasn't a matter of
'standards' but it's certainly possible that 'unstandard
operation' could (and has) cause just as disastrous a result.

Anyway, perhaps I shouldn't be trying to teach you anything but
you must admit that with all the possibilities that exist in a
large modern airliner's cockpit for misunderstanding that
anything that will lessen the possibilities is a good thing. You
must also admit that I have much more experience with this aspect
of flying than you do.

Try NATOPS. That will show you the correct procedure for taking a dump
:-)

Al Minyard
Old September 8th 03, 09:51 PM
Phineas Pinkham

"Eat me, AL!"

I have more time on my back at 35,000', than you have in the Chow Line!

Old September 8th 03, 10:09 PM
Ed Rasimus

"Phineas Pinkham" wrote:

"Eat me, AL!"

I have more time on my back at 35,000', than you have in the Chow Line!

Yeah, I can see you, racked out in that bunk reading aviation dime
novels and looking for a pseudonym. You certainly don't mean that
large, airplane was upside down. You'd spill the fruit cup on your
flight lunch.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (ret)
***"When Thunder Rolled:
*** An F-105 Pilot Over N. Vietnam"
*** from Smithsonian Books
ISBN: 1588341038
Old September 8th 03, 11:24 PM
Phineas Pinkham

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message

Yeah, I can see you, racked out in that bunk reading aviation dime
novels and looking for a pseudonym. You certainly don't mean that
large, airplane was upside down. You'd spill the fruit cup on your
flight lunch.

Ed Rasimus

The jealous hack responds!~ What a treat.

Say hello to Jessica and her ghost for us.

Maybe they'll take you to lunch at the Brown Palace on her Book Tour?
But no job in the TV version or the Movie!

You mean you are using your real name on this NG?

Phineas Pinkham
Boonetown, Iowa
12th Ftr Wg
Ftr Pilot (never Ret'd.)
*** Italian Vamoose by Ghost Writer Joe Archibald