G1000 simulator

Old October 7th 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators,rec.aviation.ifr

Default G1000 simulator

I purchased the Raytheon G36 trainer software from Garmin. After
attaching a new Saitek Cyborg Evo and verifying the controls, I gave it
a try. The heading only seems to change when the rudder is activated:
banks leave the heading unchanged. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, even with a heading change, the ground track remains unchanged.
There are other weird things. Although the throttle causes the rpm's to
change, the manifold pressure remains below 10" and the oil pressure
remains at zero.

I'd appreciate suggestions from anyone who has the software
working.(BTW, the display is great).

Old October 10th 06, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators,rec.aviation.ifr

This *is* the semi-free ($3.00) version. Late word from Garmin Tech
suggests the software is flawed and will be fixed for "the next
release".
Robert M. Gary wrote:
wrote:
I purchased the Raytheon G36 trainer software from Garmin. After
attaching a new Saitek Cyborg Evo and verifying the controls, I gave it
a try. The heading only seems to change when the rudder is activated:
banks leave the heading unchanged. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, even with a heading change, the ground track remains unchanged.
There are other weird things. Although the throttle causes the rpm's to
change, the manifold pressure remains below 10" and the oil pressure
remains at zero.

I'd appreciate suggestions from anyone who has the software
working.(BTW, the display is great).

Doesn't sound like much of an improvement over the semi-free (just pay
shipping) software that I use from Garmin. Every turn is a 45 degree
bank but it very,very correctly recreates the G1000 in every other
detail. I run it on my desktop and my laptop. You can shoot approaches,
etc but the real benefit of the simulator is getting the students used
to navigating the pages, especially if they don't have 430 time
already.

-Robert, CFII

Old October 13th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators,rec.aviation.ifr
akiley[_1_]

The best I could do with the CD yoke and pedals was to get aileron to
bank only. The plane does not turn with aileron only. The pedals
cause it to turn, so I can use the both together. The throttle works.
I think the track up mode is messed up to where the heading doesn't
align with you track.

I used CH's manager that aloud me to map the functions on my yoke, but
it took a lot of messing around.

Have you hit the Menu button two times on the G1000? You get all sort
of options as to where the aircraft is placed at startup. I now,
disconnect my joystick by setting it to off mode in the manager. If
you don't have a similar manager, just physically unplug your yoke or
joystick. When unplugged, all the items on the Menu/Menu page can be
set. You can have your aircraft autopilot on the flightplan you have
activated, or just manually put in headings, airspeed, altitude etc.

Too bad Garmin couldn't get a very rough flight sim going by just
getting controls to work in a very basic manner. But Garmin is much
better than other companies. I tried to get Bendix to make a KLN94 GPS
only sim. They claimed they were working on it 3 years ago, but it
never happened. Akiley

Old October 13th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators,rec.aviation.ifr
Mark Hansen

On 10/13/06 05:57, akiley wrote:
[...]

They completed it, but couldn't get approval from King to distribute
it, so they had to put it on the shelf. Too bad, I would really like
to see that simulator too.

Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Sacramento, CA
Old October 24th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators,rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Macklin

To see a real G1000 simulator
http://www.frasca.com/web_pages/broc...20brochure.htm

Have not checked price and options, but as soon as I win the
lottery...