KLN-90 GPS and FS '02

Old September 8th 05, 07:38 AM

Default KLN-90 GPS and FS '02

Pete Dowson wrote a utility called GPSOUT that sends Flight Simulator
coordinates out to the host PC's serial port in NMEA/etc. format. I
have gotten Jeppesen Flite Deck to work on a 2nd PC, with GPSOUT running
on the FS PC and with the two computers' being connected with a null
modem cable. It works wonderfully 8^) and assuming the KLN90 has a
serial input for GPS coordinate data (does it?) this should be
straightforward.

Pete's various FS utilities, including GPSOUT, can be found he

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

BTW I haven't used this with FS2002, as I am using FS2004.

let us know how it goes,

Dave Blevins

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 09:48:04 -0700, The OTHER Kevin in San Diego skiddz
"AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote:

Anyone ever get a KLN-90 GPS to "talk" to FS '02?? I've read some
stuff online about someone getting a KLN-900 working but have been
unable to garner any more detail . I'd like to be able to feed the
GPS position data from FS '02 and have it update it's display
accordingly.