Touch up paint for Cobra trailer?

Old May 15th 17, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Default Touch up paint for Cobra trailer?

Does anyone know the proper paint type and color for touching up a scratch on a 2010 Aluminum Cobra trailer top?

Thanks!
Old May 15th 17, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 2:00:36 PM UTC-4, Sean Fidler wrote:
Does anyone know the proper paint type and color for touching
up a scratch on a 2010 Aluminum Cobra trailer top?

Thanks!

Dollar-bill green?
Old May 15th 17, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 12:23:06 PM UTC-6, Dave Nadler wrote:

Dollar-bill green?

18K Gold

Kidding, Check with Cobra in Germany. They have always been glad to help.
Old May 15th 17, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 11:00:36 AM UTC-7, Sean Fidler wrote:
Does anyone know the proper paint type and color for touching up a scratch on a 2010 Aluminum Cobra trailer top?

Thanks!

Check with Wilbur Wright he is repairing a scratched Cobra trailer as well.

Old May 15th 17, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Thompson[_2_]

I've also found Cobra very helpful over many years and
several trailers. Write a logical E mail, and I think you'll get
a useful answer.

Old May 15th 17, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 3:15:06 PM UTC-4, Steve Thompson wrote:
...Write a logical E mail, and I think you'll get a useful answer.

Careful there, don't want to go offending anyone...
Old May 16th 17, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 11:00:36 AM UTC-7, Sean Fidler wrote:
Does anyone know the proper paint type and color for touching up a scratch on a 2010 Aluminum Cobra trailer top?

Thanks!

When I looked into this many years ago I was told that the aluminum part of Cobra trailers was powder coated. If that's the case, you still ought to be able to get a decent match if you get the RAL paint number from Cobra and order from a supplier that stocks RAL-coded paint colors to match. If you are lucky Cobra might even stock the matching spray-on color.

If your trailer is more than a couple of years old, it will have yellowed. Not much you can do about that.

http://www.lowvolumepowder.com/RAL-Powders-and-Paints

Old May 16th 17, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Thanks all. The tape that held on the carnet paperwork (gorilla tape it appeared) pulled every bit of paint in contact with the tape off.

The tiny blemish in back edge of the trailer came off with Laquer thinner I am good.

I'll post the answer from Cobra here when I get it. I am a fairy experience painter so hopefully I can blend this nicely.

Best,

7T
Old May 16th 17, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 8:20:17 PM UTC-4, Sean Fidler wrote:
Thanks all. The tape that held on the carnet paperwork
(gorilla tape it appeared) pulled every bit of paint in contact
with the tape off.

Next time use 3m adhesive remover to soften the tape.
Wet with above, cover with aluminum foil and tape edges of foil,
let sit a few hours, everything will come off without
any paint damage...
Old May 16th 17, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Yeah. The guy at the warehouse did it as I went to get the car, etc. Fun project. Better than new!

Cobra trailer lettering paint? Steve Koerner Soaring 6 February 21st 17 11:22 PM
Paint for trailer Colin Roney Soaring 6 July 4th 16 11:34 AM
2013 Cobra trailer price list needed for TA trailer sale [email protected] Soaring 0 June 22nd 13 02:42 PM
Cheap Cobra Trailer Lights 1998 Trailer on E-bay USA ONLY! flyingmr2 Soaring 4 November 16th 10 02:11 AM
Touch Up White Paint O. Sami Saydjari Owning 10 May 29th 05 11:58 PM