What's the height of the Cobra under-trailer storage drawer?

Old May 26th 15, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Villinski

Default What's the height of the Cobra under-trailer storage drawer?

Going to build a drawer for a 15M Cobra trailer with 14" wheels. How far below the trailer does the standard drawer hang? Anyone have there's nearby for a quick measurement? TIA.
Old May 26th 15, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Bottom of trailer to bottom of Drawer. 8 inches.
Mine has 13 inch tires and I have never had a problem with clearance.

Randy
Old May 26th 15, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 5:27:20 PM UTC+1, wrote:
Bottom of trailer to bottom of Drawer. 8 inches.
Mine has 13 inch tires and I have never had a problem with clearance.

Randy

Cobra say that the ground clearance is 16cm (if trailer is level or nose down obviously). If you were towing along ruts then if the axle is clear than the drawer should be clear. If you are driving over crosswise big humps or deep ruts then there could be a problem. I would like there to be a quick tool-free way of removing the drawer in such situations but as far as I can see it would need removing one of the latches.

The drawer takes a lot more stuff than I anticipated.

John Galloway
Old May 27th 15, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Villinski

Terrific, thanks for the info, building my box to 8" below trailer bottom. 1/8" aluminum diamond plate is a fraction of the cost of the factory option....