easy to use news reader?

Old August 16th 07, 05:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave[_16_]

Default easy to use news reader?

My dads pretty old and worked on airplanes during WW2 and worked for
Curtis prior to that.
he's not very computer literate.

Whats a good news reader for somebody like that?

Thanks

Dave
Old August 16th 07, 09:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Guy

EXNEWS.

Old August 16th 07, 06:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Dave wrote:

My dads pretty old and worked on airplanes during WW2 and worked for
Curtis prior to that.
he's not very computer literate.

Whats a good news reader for somebody like that?

Thanks

Dave

Newswatcher. http://www.smfr.org/mtnw/

It is freeware and is easy to use. You make up a list of groups that you
wish to view, and it keeps track of read and unread.
Old August 16th 07, 07:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lonnie

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Dave wrote:

My dads pretty old and worked on airplanes during WW2 and worked for
Curtis prior to that.
he's not very computer literate.

Whats a good news reader for somebody like that?

Thanks

Dave

Newswatcher. http://www.smfr.org/mtnw/

It is freeware and is easy to use. You make up a list of groups that you
wish to view, and it keeps track of read and unread.

BTW, this is for a Mac. If I had the finances I would go for a Mac, but with
living on a fixed income, you all know how it is.

Lonnie

Old August 17th 07, 05:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

Orval Fairbairn wrote in newsrfairbairn-
:

Newswatcher.
http://www.smfr.org/mtnw/

It is freeware and is easy to use. You make up a list of groups that you
wish to view, and it keeps track of read and unread.

why is it ever time I click on this link it take mes to a sex site
Old August 17th 07, 06:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Shiver

Clairbear wrote:

Newswatcher. http://www.smfr.org/mtnw/

why is it ever time I click on this link it take mes to a sex site

Now there is the question for the night.

SMFR is Simon Fraser University.

I was using that link earlier on to snag an earlier copy of
MT Newswatcher to see if there was any way I could solve this
Yenc thingy.

Annnnnnnndddddddd..... I just clicked on the link and got a message
that says the attempt to load the page failed.

I also bookmarked the page and it too fails to load.

So there is the head scratcher for the day.
Old August 17th 07, 06:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
§qu@re Wheels[_3_]

On this particular day of this month, in the Year Of The Golden Pig,
Clairbear did state:

Orval Fairbairn wrote in newsrfairbairn-
:

Newswatcher.
http://www.smfr.org/mtnw/

It is freeware and is easy to use. You make up a list of groups that you
wish to view, and it keeps track of read and unread.

why is it ever time I click on this link it take mes to a sex site

You're getting redirected, because:

"Firefox can't find the server at www.smfr.org."

A DNS lookup showed the domain (in Sunnyvale, CA) to be valid until 2011,
so it might be temporarily down.

However, if you want the OSX version, here 'tis......:

http://www.electricfish.com/products/NewsWatcherX/

Old August 17th 07, 07:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
§qu@re Wheels[_3_]

On this particular day of this month, in the Year Of The Golden Pig,
shiver did state:

Clairbear wrote:

Newswatcher. http://www.smfr.org/mtnw/

why is it ever time I click on this link it take mes to a sex site

Now there is the question for the night.

SMFR is Simon Fraser University.

No, not quite!

Simon Fraser University is here in Vancouver, Canada.

SMFR is also Simon Fraser, but that is the registrant's name:

Registrant Name:Simon Fraser
Registrant Organization:Simon Fraser
Registrant Street1:251 N. Bayview Avenue
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Sunnyvale
Registrant State/Province:CA
Registrant Postal Code:94086
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.6509374025
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:+1.6509375449
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant

I was using that link earlier on to snag an earlier copy of
MT Newswatcher to see if there was any way I could solve this
Yenc thingy.

Annnnnnnndddddddd..... I just clicked on the link and got a message
that says the attempt to load the page failed.

I also bookmarked the page and it too fails to load.

So there is the head scratcher for the day.

Sunnyvale.

Silicon Valley.

ANYTHING is possible !!!

SW

Old August 17th 07, 07:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
SHIVER ME TIMBERS

§qu@re Wheels wrote:

No, not quite!

Simon Fraser University is here in Vancouver, Canada.

SMFR is also Simon Fraser, but that is the registrant's name:

Oooooops my mistake.

Just being a proud Canadian.

Who woulda thunk there would be two Simon Frasers.
Old August 18th 07, 12:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

§qu@re Wheels wrote in news:KOaxi.63438
$_d2.60463@pd7urf3no:

http://www.electricfish.com/products/NewsWatcherX/

That this league works I'll pass it on to my mac friends

Will a generic card reader work for downloading Garmin GNS 430 updates? Ron Lee Piloting 7 October 24th 06 08:38 PM
Easy Way nick Piloting 12 May 25th 06 05:02 PM
Long time reader selling plane Doug Owning 3 August 10th 05 06:19 PM
Just testing my news reader: ignore, please Bullwinkle Soaring 2 March 21st 04 04:42 AM
easy jet franck jeamourra Owning 1 March 1st 04 05:07 PM