Missiles

Old October 31st 07, 08:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Pjmac35

Default Missiles

Am I alone in feeling I wouldn't really care if I never saw another missile
in my entire life?

Old October 31st 07, 10:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim Breckenridge

Pjmac35 wrote:
Am I alone in feeling I wouldn't really care if I never saw another missile
in my entire life?

Yup, I've pretty much had it up to my nose cone
Old October 31st 07, 11:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"Pjmac35" wrote in message
Am I alone in feeling I wouldn't really care if I never saw another
missile in my entire life?

No :-)

Old October 31st 07, 12:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

Pjmac35 wrote:
Am I alone in feeling I wouldn't really care if I never saw another missile
in my entire life?

Heh ... a couple of thoughts .... since I am an old retired MI type,
have you any idea how much time and money we would have put into
obtaining some of the images we've seen (not only missiles but other
aircraft). Wow, we should have been so lucky .. instead of me standing
on the cobblestones at the October 1976 Soviet May Day Celebration and
trying to take telephoto shots of antenna wave guides on a truck mounted
SA-something or other flying by at 20 miles per hour (any idea how
trying to track an object that huge from 50 feet away with the GRU on
one side and the KGB on the other side jostling elbows and in one case a
GRU Hottie massaging my rather freezing buttockal region).

Et Secundus, just like I enjoy odd-World War Two experimental airplanes
(Horta,s, YB-32'a, XP-53's) there are some folks (God Love 'em) who can
tell the difference between a Croatale built for export overtly, built
for export covertly and built for domestic use.

Cheers,

Dave

PS .. at least I 'think' that hottie was a female ... when it is minus
ten degrees and snowing, all bets are off.

dem
Old October 31st 07, 03:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

Pjmac35 wrote:

Am I alone in feeling I wouldn't really care if I never saw another missile
in my entire life?

If you have never seen a Sprint launch, I would say no..

JT

Old November 1st 07, 05:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
redc1c4

Pjmac35 wrote:

Am I alone in feeling I wouldn't really care if I never saw another missile
in my entire life?

no problem.....

i'll start a couple of political threads & a yEnc discussion to move them off
the server. %-)

redc1c4,
they're on topic: quit bitching.
--
"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear
considerable watching."

Army Officer's Guide
Old November 1st 07, 06:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
redc1c4

Clark wrote:

redc1c4 wrote in
:

Pjmac35 wrote:

Am I alone in feeling I wouldn't really care if I never saw another
missile in my entire life?

no problem.....

i'll start a couple of political threads & a yEnc discussion to move
them off the server. %-)

redc1c4,
they're on topic: quit bitching.

Good idea. Are you fer or agin? (yEnc that is).

i have often said that yEnc is a solution in search of a problem.

if people wish to use it, i'm fine with it, as long as they follow the
protocol and put 'yEnc" in the headers.

that way, since i use abandonware to surf Usenet, i can filter those headers
and not waste my time downloading stuff i can't see. yes, i realize i could
get newer software and see more stuff, but the one's I've tried have all been
much busier than my tried & true Nutscrape 4.7ish.....and i spend too much
time on line already.

redc1c4,
JMNSHO............. %-)

Old November 1st 07, 03:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
James R. Jones

The Good Poster wrote:
"redc1c4" wrote in message
Pjmac35 wrote:
Am I alone in feeling I wouldn't really care if I never saw another
missile
in my entire life?

no problem.....

i'll start a couple of political threads & a yEnc discussion to move them
off
the server. %-)

redc1c4,
they're on topic: quit bitching.
--
"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear
considerable watching."

Army Officer's Guide

As everyone knows, yEnc is spyware developed during the cold war by the
Trilateral Commission. When Al Gore later invented the Internet, he was
paid billions of dollars by major polluters to incorpoate it. John Ashcroft
still uses yEnc to spy on your every move. yEnc serves a societal purpose -
it allows porno spammers to save up to ten percent of their bandwidth.
Anyone who disagrees with my views is a terrorist.

Sounds reasonable to me.......

Old November 1st 07, 04:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

Clark wrote:

"James R. Jones" wrote in
:

The Good Poster wrote:

"redc1c4" wrote in message
. ..

Pjmac35 wrote:

[...]

Well I'd agree but it's obviously wrong. Porno spammers don't save up to
ten percent of their bandwidth but they do post up to ten percent more
spam. The difference might seem wholly semantic but it is very real to
spammers and their victims.

Just think of it as a 10% increase in "product" at no increase in cost...

JT

Old November 3rd 07, 10:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"James R. Jones" wrote in
:

The Good Poster wrote:
"redc1c4" wrote in message
Pjmac35 wrote:
[...]

And will no doubt be quoted elsewhere on the interweb as TRVTH within
hours...