Nelson O2 regulator for sale

Old February 22nd 11, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
weersch[_2_]

Default Nelson O2 regulator for sale

After upgrading to an EDS, my Nelson O2 regulator is for sale.
Detailed images at:
http://sites.google.com/site/threeun...n-o2-regulator
Included are Nelson Regulator + Schreder fill valve + gauge + CPC Ryan
couplings.
The CPC Ryan couplings are 1 male + 2 female. Al metal.
No Bottle, flowmeter and cannulas included.

If interested, email me at weersch on Yahoo.
Old February 22nd 11, 01:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Feb 21, 7:18*pm, weersch wrote:
After upgrading to an EDS, my Nelson O2 regulator is for sale.
Detailed images at:http://sites.google.com/site/threeun...n-o2-regulator
Included are Nelson Regulator + Schreder fill valve + gauge + CPC Ryan
couplings.
The CPC Ryan couplings are 1 male + 2 female. Al metal.
No Bottle, flowmeter and cannulas included.

If interested, email me at weersch on Yahoo.

Wonder why you didn't keep the Nelson regulator to use with the EDS.
Not saying it's any better or worse that the one that can be purchased
with the EDS but why pay the extra when you already had a working
regulator?

Andy
Old February 22nd 11, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Feb 22, 5:06*am, Andy wrote:
On Feb 21, 7:18*pm, weersch wrote:

After upgrading to an EDS, my Nelson O2 regulator is for sale.
Detailed images at:http://sites.google.com/site/threeun...n-o2-regulator
Included are Nelson Regulator + Schreder fill valve + gauge + CPC Ryan
couplings.
The CPC Ryan couplings are 1 male + 2 female. Al metal.
No Bottle, flowmeter and cannulas included.

If interested, email me at weersch on Yahoo.

Wonder why you didn't keep the Nelson regulator to use with the EDS.
Not saying it's any better or worse that the one that can be purchased
with the EDS but why pay the extra when you already had a working
regulator?

Andy

Andy,

Most Nelson regulator have too high a pressure some but not all can be
adjusted to the correct pressures.

From the O2D1 Manual.

If the EDS-O2D2 will not be used with a MH Regulator, the alternate
regulator must be able to deliver a pressure of between 15 and 25 psi
(static). If the above listed pressure specifications are not met, the
EDS-O2D2 may not operate correctly. Lower pressures will result in an
inadequate volume of oxygen. Higher pressures will result in a too
high volume of oxygen. Excessively high pressures will cause the valve
to open spontaneously and leak oxygen.
To use the MH EDS-O2D2 with a third-party regulator or built-in oxygen
system with a pressure higher than 25 psi, it is
mandatory that you use the MH EDS IN-LINE REGULATOR to ensure correct
flow pressure.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old February 22nd 11, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Feb 22, 7:06*am, Richard wrote:
On Feb 22, 5:06*am, Andy wrote:

On Feb 21, 7:18*pm, weersch wrote:

After upgrading to an EDS, my Nelson O2 regulator is for sale.
Detailed images at:http://sites.google.com/site/threeun...n-o2-regulator
Included are Nelson Regulator + Schreder fill valve + gauge + CPC Ryan
couplings.
The CPC Ryan couplings are 1 male + 2 female. Al metal.
No Bottle, flowmeter and cannulas included.

If interested, email me at weersch on Yahoo.

Wonder why you didn't keep the Nelson regulator to use with the EDS.
Not saying it's any better or worse that the one that can be purchased
with the EDS but why pay the extra when you already had a working
regulator?

Andy

Andy,

Most Nelson regulator have too high a pressure some but not all can be
adjusted to the correct pressures.

From the O2D1 Manual.

If the EDS-O2D2 will not be used with a MH Regulator, the alternate
regulator must be able to deliver a pressure of between 15 and 25 psi
(static). If the above listed pressure specifications are not met, the
EDS-O2D2 may not operate correctly. Lower pressures will result in an
inadequate volume of oxygen. Higher pressures will result in a too
high volume of oxygen. Excessively high pressures will cause the valve
to open spontaneously and leak oxygen.
To use the MH EDS-O2D2 with a third-party regulator or built-in oxygen
system with a pressure higher than 25 psi, it is
mandatory that you use the MH EDS IN-LINE REGULATOR to ensure correct
flow pressure.

Richardwww.craggyaero.com- Hide quoted text -

Yes, I have 2 of them. One was adjustable to be compatible with the
EDS and the other was not.

If the pressure is too high the electric control valve in the EDS will
not seat properly which will result in a higher than normal oxygen
usage rate.

Andy
Old February 22nd 11, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

this regulator is the order type Nelson 300 regulator (a very good regulator
BTW) just larger than the moist current types, but this type can also easily
be adjusted for outlet pressure so it ca be very suitable for almost any
portable Oxygen delivery type.
Nelson oxygen (formerly Jerry Nelson) is no more but his company was sold to
Precise Flight.
tim

Old February 23rd 11, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David[_13_]

When I upgraded to EDS I called MH and asked if I should
buy their regulator too. I told them I had a Nelson reg, emailed
them a pic. They asked me to ship the Nelson reg to them for
adjustment, they tested it and then shipped it back to me! All
I paid was the shipping to and from.

The EDS unit has a lifetime warranty.

Now that's what I call a class act!

Please visit the Wings & Wheels website atwww.wingsandwheels.com

"Richard" wrote in message

On Feb 22, 5:06 am, Andy wrote:

On Feb 21, 7:18 pm, weersch wrote:

After upgrading to an EDS, my Nelson O2 regulator is for sale.
Detailed images
at:http://sites.google.com/site/threeun...n-o2-regulator
Included are Nelson Regulator + Schreder fill valve + gauge + CPC Ryan
couplings.
The CPC Ryan couplings are 1 male + 2 female. Al metal.
No Bottle, flowmeter and cannulas included.

If interested, email me at weersch on Yahoo.

Wonder why you didn't keep the Nelson regulator to use with the EDS.
Not saying it's any better or worse that the one that can be purchased
with the EDS but why pay the extra when you already had a working
regulator?

Andy

Andy,

Most Nelson regulator have too high a pressure some but not all can be
adjusted to the correct pressures.

From the O2D1 Manual.