prova

Old October 11th 10, 04:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Fabio

Default prova

prova

Old October 12th 10, 04:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Target drone? Flying, guided bomb?

Brian
Old October 12th 10, 05:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton[_3_]

"Fabio" wrote in message
prova

http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/I_METEOR_P1.HTM

It's a target drone, quite fascinating. I'm curious as it has a ventral
skid, as if it could be used to land on - but the prop clearance, even when
stopped, wouldn't prevent damage on landing.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old October 12th 10, 03:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Fabio

Dopo dura riflessione, Dave Kearton ha scritto :
"Fabio" wrote in message

It was a target drone. Here is a series of pictures of the ptototype P0
during test trials at sea in 1960.
Here is the first
ciao
Fabio

Old October 12th 10, 03:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Fabio

Nel suo scritto precedente, Dave Kearton ha sostenuto :
"Fabio" wrote in message
prova

Meteor P0

second Picture
ciao
Fabio

Old October 12th 10, 03:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Fabio

Nel suo scritto precedente, Dave Kearton ha sostenuto :
"Fabio" wrote in message
prova

Meteor P0

third pic
ciao
Fabio

Old October 12th 10, 03:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Fabio

Dave Kearton ha pensato forte :
"Fabio" wrote in message

Meteor P0
fourth pic
ciao
fabio

Old October 12th 10, 03:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Fabio

Dopo dura riflessione, Dave Kearton ha scritto :
"Fabio" wrote in message
Meteor P0

fifth pic
ciao
Fabio

Old October 12th 10, 03:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Fabio

Dave Kearton ha detto questo marted́ :
"Fabio" wrote in message

Meteor P0
back home
ciao
Fabio

Old October 12th 10, 09:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jess Lurkin

Fabio wrote in news:4cb329f5$0$23145
:

prova

Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
------=mesnews_0_1011101717

Attachment decoded: Meteor p1 08.JPG
------=mesnews_0_1011101717--

Thanks Fabio

Interesting design. from the pics you've posted
and the others found elsewhere, your pic is the
only Meteor with a rocket-assist pack. I saw a
pic with a steam catapult, and what appeared to
be some high tension spring system. As noted by
another poster, some of them had props to big for
the skid position. This pic with the RATO looks
just about right for recovery without *too much*
damage.