Jacumba Glider Accident Sat June 29?

Old July 3rd 13, 04:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill D

Default Jacumba Glider Accident Sat June 29?

On Saturday, June 29, 2013 4:48:16 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Who and how please.

San Diego news photo looks like the PZL.

One of our CFI's was to be there tomorrow on the way back from Mexico, we think he couldnt go today.

Thank you in advance for any info. Just out of concern and sincere condolences to all AGCSA.

Karen

Another data point. Weather history data shows June 30th with an all-time record high temperature of 105F. Wind was NE max speed 21 gusts to 25.
Old July 3rd 13, 05:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Bob - Though I mostly agree with your point, I think Sean was referring to the body still in the glider ("tastefully" blurred and partly covered with a yellow tarp). Definitely insensitive of the media; but not unexpected.

--Noel

On Tuesday, July 2, 2013 6:37:15 PM UTC-7, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Tuesday, July 2, 2013 6:19:11 AM UTC-7, Sean F (F2) wrote:

...And shame on the news report to show the

aircraft in such a state. Unacceptable.

Sean, free and unrestricted media (to the degree that it still exists and persists) is one of the cornerstones of representative democracy. I firmly believe that in order to avail ourselves of the good the media does, we must be prepared to accept the bad.

The broken thing depicted in the film clip is a machine. It is a product of human commerce and human labor, replicable, replaceable, and repairable. I think its "state" is a trifle, an infinitesimal concern against the tragedy of two lives cut short.

Thanks, Bob K.