Records Show Bush Guard Commitment Unmet

Old September 10th 04, 04:58 PM
Krztalizer

I don't know that he ever got into F-15s. After he came back from Ubon
in '67 he pinned on Brig. General and become Commandant of Cadets at
USAFA. He served there until 1971 when he got reassigned as Director
of Safety at Norton AFB where he retired. He probably flew the
airplane, but never had an assignment as primary aircrew in Eagles.

I wish I could explain it - I know he was there! Our CAP unit visited and I
wandered off the tour (this was at Luke, I would think in approximately 1974 or
75?) -- Col Olds was definitely there, it was the first butt chewing I recieved
from anyone other than my parents. I thought he was the skipper of the
squadron, but in retrospect, I don't remember how he was introduced to us. We
toured everywhere on the base, including the flight line, Combat Camera, and
many other places - I was lagging behind at the ready room investigating the
photos of various aircraft from gun camera photos. He stood in the doorway and
snapped something along the lines of "who left (or let) this kid in my ready
room?!" and I got reamed pretty good for not staying with the group. I know it
was him - just not entirely certain of the date of it happening. I'm certain
it was during a tour of the 555th at Luke, and they were immensely proud of
their brand new Eagles.

v/r
Gordon
====(A+C====
USN SAR

Its always better to lose -an- engine, not -the- engine.

Old September 10th 04, 05:11 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Krztalizer" wrote in message

I wish I could explain it - I know he was there! Our CAP unit visited and
wandered off the tour (this was at Luke, I would think in approximately
1974 or
75?) -- Col Olds was definitely there, it was the first butt chewing I
recieved
from anyone other than my parents.

I don't see how Colonel Olds could chew your butt in 1974 or 1975 if he had
been promoted to Brigadier in 1968.

Old September 10th 04, 05:28 PM
Kevin Brooks

[...]

Your memory is apparently about as reliable as that of your buddy Art; Olds
could not have been a colonel at the time, as he had been promoted to BG in
1968. He *retired* in 1973, for gosh sakes--and he had spent his last couple
of years on active duty at Norton AFB as Safety Director, before that
serving as commandant at the USAFA (from 1968 on, IIRC)--he was not at Luke
AFB commanding a unit.

You might take the USAF's word for it if you won't take anyone else's:

www.af.mil/history/person. asp?dec=1960&pid=123006521

Brooks

v/r
Gordon
====(A+C====
USN SAR

Old September 10th 04, 06:04 PM
Jarg

"Robey Price" wrote in message

BTW have you seen these poll results at the BBC site?

Makes one wonder how supporters of gwb and his dick dismiss their
unpopularity around the world. The obvious answer is they don't care.

Robey

You are right, I certainly hope the president and vice-president of the
United States don't care what European polls show since they are both
responsible to the citizens of the United States, not those of Europe.

Jarg

Old September 10th 04, 06:10 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: Records Show Bush Guard Commitment Unmet
From: "Jarg"
Date: 9/10/2004 10:04 AM Pacific Standard Time

"Robey Price" wrote in message
.. .

BTW have you seen these poll results at the BBC site?

Makes one wonder how supporters of gwb and his dick dismiss their
unpopularity around the world. The obvious answer is they don't care.

Robey

You are right, I certainly hope the president and vice-president of the
United States don't care what European polls show since they are both
responsible to the citizens of the United States, not those of Europe.

Jarg

Only the wealthy citizens of the United States.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old September 10th 04, 06:30 PM
Jarg

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

Only the wealthy citizens of the United States.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Anything you say comrade Kramer. Death to the bourgeois capitalist dogs,
power to the proletariat!

Jarg

Old September 10th 04, 07:14 PM
Robey Price

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, "Jarg"
confessed the following:

You are right, I certainly hope the president and vice-president of the
United States don't care what European polls show since they are both
responsible to the citizens of the United States, not those of Europe.

I would like to remind you I asked how **supporters** of gwb and his
dick (not how shrub and dick) dimiss the international opposition to
shrub & dick.

I suspect you did NOT take note that 35 nations, including Canada,
Mexico, China, Japan, India, etc (none part of Euriope the last time
I checked) were included. But it is interesting to note that even Tony
Blair's citizens overwhelmingly disapprove of our president.

I also suspect that you did NOT note the Univesity of Maryland (not
located in Europe the last time I checked) was a participant in the
polling.

It's hard to be the world leader if the rest of the world says, "****
you, america." The invasion of Iraq has clearly painted our nation as
agressors to the rest of the world...they are unimpressed with shrub &
dick's excuses for removing that despotic asshole Hussein from power.

Robey
Old September 10th 04, 08:29 PM
ArtKramr

From: "Jarg"
Date: 9/10/2004 10:30 AM Pacific Standard Time
"ArtKramr" wrote in message

Only the wealthy citizens of the United States.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Anything you say comrade Kramer. Death to the bourgeois capitalist dogs,
power to the proletariat!

Jarg

Guess you haven't noticed huh?

Old September 10th 04, 09:48 PM
Jarg

"Robey Price" wrote in message
After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, "Jarg"
confessed the following:

You are right, I certainly hope the president and vice-president of the
United States don't care what European polls show since they are both
responsible to the citizens of the United States, not those of Europe.

I would like to remind you I asked how **supporters** of gwb and his
dick (not how shrub and dick) dimiss the international opposition to
shrub & dick.

And I answered your question, you just don't want to hear my answer. I
think President Bush and VIce President Cheney are doing a great job and
hope they spend little or no time worrying about how popular they are in
Europe.

I suspect you did NOT take note that 35 nations, including Canada,
Mexico, China, Japan, India, etc (none part of Euriope the last time
I checked) were included. But it is interesting to note that even Tony
Blair's citizens overwhelmingly disapprove of our president.

No, as you guess earlier, I just don't care.

I also suspect that you did NOT note the Univesity of Maryland (not
located in Europe the last time I checked) was a participant in the
polling.

So????

It's hard to be the world leader if the rest of the world says, "****
you, america." The invasion of Iraq has clearly painted our nation as
agressors to the rest of the world...they are unimpressed with shrub &
dick's excuses for removing that despotic asshole Hussein from power.

Robey

I competely disagree with your idea that President Bush should try to win
some worldwide popularity contest so the United States can provide world
leadership. His job is to work for US interests. And anyway, true leaders
often have to make unpopular decisions.

Jarg

Old September 10th 04, 10:22 PM
Robey Price

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, "Jarg"
confessed the following:

And I answered your question, you just don't want to hear my answer.

No...I completely understand your answer. I'm not afraid of your
opinion.

I think President Bush and VIce President Cheney are doing a great job

This is not a surprise to me either. I'm convinced they ****ed up by
invading Iraq. I'm convinced our economy has suffered with them at the
helm. Our status as world leader is in the ****ter.

No, as you guess earlier, I just don't care.

No surprise. The surprising part is that you exhibit ZERO intellectual
interest it what might cause this overwhelming disapproval of shrub
and dick...even in the UK. 800 pound gorillas might not care, but
folks thinking shrub and dick are world leaders should.

I also suspect that you did NOT note the Univesity of Maryland (not
located in Europe the last time I checked) was a participant in the
polling.

So????

The point...it was NOT just a European poll. It was international. You
make repeated references to Europe, but the sentitment is
international.

I also understand that you could careless if **every single
non-american human being** on this planet disapproves of shrub and
dick.

I competely disagree with your idea that President Bush should try to win
some worldwide popularity contest so the United States can provide world
leadership.

This ain't about winning a popularity contest. But you can't be a
world leader if other nations refuse to follow your "lead." You're
simply marching to your own drummer. That is what shrub and dick are
doing. They are not leading the world. You can abandon dimplomacy and
take unilateral action in the name of self interest...just don't get
upset with other nations for their refusal to applaud or participate.

His job is to work for US interests.

Absolutely...I and many other of the citizens of this fine country
think shrub and dick have "****ed up." While his intentions might be
to work for our best interests...he failed miserably. But hey, he's
got god on his side, or would that be the islamist ****s?

And anyway, true leaders often have to make unpopular decisions.

Sure, and if nobody follows your lead, you're simply acting like the
800 pound gorilla. You can do it, but at some point our fine country
will NEED the support and cooperation of those nations we ****ed off.

Robey

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM