fixed wing or rotary wing?

Old March 17th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Don W

Default fixed wing or rotary wing?

Steve R wrote:
So does that mean if a student is training in something other than a
Robinson, then the numbers originally quoted are possible by regulation?

Yes, but it hardly really matters. The Robinson SFAR is not a practical
limitation because you're not likely to be a safe enough pilot to solo in
less time/training than the SFAR prescribes.

That being the case, I don't see why the FAA doesn't just apply the regs to
everybody as apposed so singleing out one manufacturer.

Just because someone is "not likely to be..." does
not mean that someone else will not be. The R22's
were having an unusual number of accidents, so the
FAA acted to address that problem.

Don W.

Old March 27th 07, 06:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Hi,

I am interested to have a helicopter course, but since 1991 no
aviation school here open in Indonesia a helicopter course. May i know
the name of your flight school ?

cheers,
Anggoro

Craig Campbell wrote:
I am about to start my private pilot helicopter course. I have been told
that learning fixed wing first makes it much easier.
I am not sure what to do as my heart was set on rotary but I want to do it
right first time.

Can anyone please give me feedback on this?
Thanks
Craig Campbell