A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Rotorcraft
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

remote controllable transponder



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 9th 09, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stu Fields
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 87
Default remote controllable transponder

Anyone know of a transponder that can have the codes switched from a remote
set of switches and a remote Ident button? I guess I'm asking if there are
access points in a connector where this could be done, or has some whiz
already done this? My helicopter likes it when I keep my hands on the
controls. Landing to change the transponder code is not something that is a
reasonable alternative.

Stu Fields


Ads
  #2  
Old September 9th 09, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
John Clear
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 152
Default remote controllable transponder

In article ,
Stu Fields wrote:
Anyone know of a transponder that can have the codes switched from a remote
set of switches and a remote Ident button? I guess I'm asking if there are
access points in a connector where this could be done, or has some whiz
already done this? My helicopter likes it when I keep my hands on the
controls. Landing to change the transponder code is not something that is a
reasonable alternative.


Dunno about changing the code remotely. Some of the new push button
transponders might have support for that. Remote ident is available,
one of the rental planes I learned on back in the dark ages had
remote ident on the yoke, and remote flip-flop. Some avionics tech
must have had some extra switches and wire laying around, since
both were a bit ridiculous in a Piper Cherokee. Avionics were
King, IIRC.

John
--
John Clear - http://www.clear-prop.org/

  #3  
Old September 9th 09, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
JohnO
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 120
Default remote controllable transponder

On Sep 10, 7:08*am, (John Clear) wrote:
In article ,

Stu Fields wrote:
Anyone know of a transponder that can have the codes switched from a remote
set of switches and a remote Ident button? *I guess I'm asking if there are
access points in a connector where this could be done, or has some whiz
already done this? *My helicopter likes it when I keep my hands on the
controls. *Landing to change the transponder code is not something that is a
reasonable alternative.


Dunno about changing the code remotely. *Some of the new push button
transponders might have support for that. *Remote ident is available,
one of the rental planes I learned on back in the dark ages had
remote ident on the yoke, and remote flip-flop. *Some avionics tech
must have had some extra switches and wire laying around, since
both were a bit ridiculous in a Piper Cherokee. *Avionics were
King, IIRC.

John
--
John Clear - * * * * * * * * * * * *http://www.clear-prop.org/


Microair have an external ident facility, but not code select.
  #4  
Old September 9th 09, 11:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
JohnO
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 120
Default remote controllable transponder

On Sep 10, 10:45*am, JohnO wrote:
On Sep 10, 7:08*am, (John Clear) wrote:





In article ,


Stu Fields wrote:
Anyone know of a transponder that can have the codes switched from a remote
set of switches and a remote Ident button? *I guess I'm asking if there are
access points in a connector where this could be done, or has some whiz
already done this? *My helicopter likes it when I keep my hands on the
controls. *Landing to change the transponder code is not something that is a
reasonable alternative.


Dunno about changing the code remotely. *Some of the new push button
transponders might have support for that. *Remote ident is available,
one of the rental planes I learned on back in the dark ages had
remote ident on the yoke, and remote flip-flop. *Some avionics tech
must have had some extra switches and wire laying around, since
both were a bit ridiculous in a Piper Cherokee. *Avionics were
King, IIRC.


John
--
John Clear - * * * * * * * * * * * *http://www.clear-prop.org/


Microair have an external ident facility, but not code select.


Same goes for the Becker.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transponder vs. Portable Transponder Detectors John Murphy Soaring 16 December 20th 08 07:25 AM
Flight at Minimum Controllable Airspeed w3n-a General Aviation 0 December 4th 08 02:56 PM
Why no remote unlock? Robert M. Gary Piloting 49 March 26th 08 01:19 PM
SN-10b w/remote for sale [email protected] Soaring 0 December 14th 06 01:16 AM
Remote Power On Robbie S. Owning 7 March 16th 05 02:33 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.