OLC Problems

Old November 20th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mal

Default OLC Problems

Is anyone else having problems logging in to the OLC

--
Mal

www.mals.net

Old November 20th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

I get on about 50% of the time. Does anyone know how to contact the
admins for the OLC, I have a flight with a zero score that I don't know
how to fix.

Tim

Old November 20th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold

Tim Taylor wrote:
I get on about 50% of the time. Does anyone know how to contact the
admins for the OLC, I have a flight with a zero score that I don't know
how to fix.

Don't bother to contact the OLC admins in Europe -- I have 4 flights
with zero scores, and they don't know how to fix any of them. Doug
Haluza in the USA is doing a good job, but he doesn't have the access to
the website necessary to fix the problems.

Recently, the website seems to be down every evening in the USA --
almost like the people in Europe turn off the server when they go to
bed. Maybe they are trying to conserve electricity.

Tim

Old November 20th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

Did a couple of extended glides today with a Garmin onboard, so wanted
to test the new SeeYou upload. It connected, flashed a progress bar
for a few seconds, then hung with the timer spinning. Let one go for
over 10 minutes. Now, a couple hours later, my browser is just
spinning on a blank screen in an attempt to connect.

The flights are only worth a few points, but so far the exercise is
failing...

-Tom

Old November 20th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I am glad to know that I am not the only having problems logging
onto OLC. Hopefully by the start of our soaring season, they will
have all of the bugs worked out.

Randy
N304RS

Old November 20th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Haluza

Greg Arnold wrote:
Tim Taylor wrote:
I get on about 50% of the time. Does anyone know how to contact the
admins for the OLC, I have a flight with a zero score that I don't know
how to fix.

Don't bother to contact the OLC admins in Europe -- I have 4 flights
with zero scores, and they don't know how to fix any of them. Doug
Haluza in the USA is doing a good job, but he doesn't have the access to
the website necessary to fix the problems.

Recently, the website seems to be down every evening in the USA --
almost like the people in Europe turn off the server when they go to
bed. Maybe they are trying to conserve electricity.

There is a problem with the OLC production server crashing, and they
have not been able to reproduce the problem on the development server,
so this will be a difficult problem to fix. In the mean time, it has to
be manualy rebooted when it crashes. The OLC team does get an SMS
message whenever this happens, so there is no need to notify them; but
someone has to be near a computer to fix it. Naturally if it happens
late at night, it does not get fixed until the next morning (German
time).

There are also problems in the scoring algorithm causing some flights
to get zero score. As the problems are fixed, the flights will be
re-scored, as some have been already, so please be patient. Keep
claiming your flights, since they can't be fixed if they are not
submitted by the Tuesday 24:00 local deadline.

Old November 20th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
P. Corbett

Mal wrote:
Is anyone else having problems logging in to the OLC

I can usually log on using www3.onlinecontest.org but they keep saying
that there are no flights to report. It is hard to believe that there is
no one on the planet flying a glider, especially down under.

Can anyone pass-on the link they are using to view flights with the new
system?

Paul
ZZ

Old November 20th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob

If it is that unreliable and with the wealth of IT talent that we have
within the soaring community, I'm surprised that no one else has tried
to improve on the system!!

Bob
7U

Old November 20th 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Greef

Mal wrote:

Is anyone else having problems logging in to the OLC

--
Mal

www.mals.net

So far so good - I have been able to log on every time I tried (same timezone as
Germany). Now if the weather would just improve enough that there was a flight
worth uploading...

Bruce