Last Flight Sea Harrier(10) - SHAR_Last_Flight_10.JPG

Old December 15th 06, 08:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Luke

Default Last Flight Sea Harrier(10) - SHAR_Last_Flight_10.JPG

"Paul Elliot" wrote in message
. net...
Luke wrote:

"Paul Elliot" wrote in message
et...

There is no doubt that fossil fuels CAN be replaced. Virtually every
diesel on the road today can run on a bio-diesel fuel. Every car could
run on pure alcohol. Of course, gas turbine and turbojet aircraft can
fly on almost anything flammable, piston engine planes could also use
alternatives. All it takes is the motivation to change. Eventually the
cost of extracting petroleum will provde that impetus.

(shaking his head)
Sit down before you hurt yourself....

Luke

OK then, would you please enlighten me as to why any of these assertions
are impossible?

Known thermal efficiencies of Otto and Brayton Cycle devices
Energy densities of alternative fuels
Excessive secondary emisive biproducts of alternative fuels generation
Fuel handling safety issued with the general public
Limited supply sources for raw materials of bio fuels
Incalculable infrastructure changes
... I could go on...

Leave song writing to the dreamers. Leave science to the engineers.
Oh, and yes, I am an engineer.

Luke

Old December 15th 06, 08:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Paul Elliot

Luke wrote:

"Paul Elliot" wrote in message
y.net...

[...]

All these issues make it more DIFFICULT, but NOT IMPOSSIBLE.
It is amazing what people can accomplish when the price of oil goes up
to $200.00+/bbl

--
PC Paul
89 PC800

Trip pics at: http://new.photos.yahoo.com/paul1cart/albums/

"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to
society" - Theodore Roosevelt

Old December 16th 06, 12:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine

"Grumpy AuContraire" wrote in message

What riles me is the failure of the politicos to recognize that it is
time to employ technology to replace fossil fuels. Something comparable
to JFK's "Going to the Moon" effort. There just is not a good supply of
leaders with testicular fortitude to do what is right...

JT

(Who thinks fossil fuels could be passé within ten years if...)

There's already technology available to replace fossil fuels; not just the
biodiesel and ethanol already mentioned. There's a process known as TDP -
Thermal Deploymerisation Process (that's why it's known as TDP!) that can
take any carbon-based fuel (food scraps; garden waste; waste plastic; waste
paper; agricultural waste; forestry waste etc) and make gaseous and liquid
fuels (diesel; petrol [gasoline] and kerosene) that would mean we wouldn't
have to change anything on our cars - even biodiesel requires some changes.

I read one article that said (paraphrased) "In 2001, the U.S. imported 4.2
billion barrels of crude oil. Using TDP, all the agricultural waste in the
U.S. could replace 4 billion barrels of that". The other 200 million
barrels could be replaced with fuel farms (growing trees, probably) as well
as food and forestry waste.

--
Alan Erskine