CBS "News" strikes AGAIN

Old January 17th 04, 03:55 PM
Dan Luke

"Jordan" wrote:
You'd think Travolta would have something to say

God spare us. I hope no one thinks to send a crew out to interview him.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old January 17th 04, 03:58 PM
Dan Luke

"Jim" wrote:
I think our liberal media is chastising the government for not
doing anything so they can chastise them again if they do.

It's got nothing to do with liberal or conservative: Fox was shrieking
as loud as the rest.

Old January 17th 04, 06:55 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Jordan" wrote in message
Ok I thought of something else. Does anyone know if celebrity pilots
like Travolta and Ford are at all active on these issues? You'd think
Travolta would have something to say given his airport living
arrangements. Then the general public might actually listen.

If we have to have celebrity endorsement, then our nation is too brain dead
to endure and is finished.

Old January 17th 04, 06:59 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
"Jim" wrote:
I think our liberal media is chastising the government for not
doing anything so they can chastise them again if they do.

It's got nothing to do with liberal or conservative: Fox was shrieking
as loud as the rest.

Dan, Your capacity for critical thinking and differentiation is
remarkable....when it suits your preconceived notions.

Old January 17th 04, 07:01 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Paul Folbrecht" wrote in message
ink.net...
Yes, they do. The media, however, doesn't.

If the plane was shot down there'd probly have been alot of damage and
at least one fatality from the impact. Doesn't the general public have
any critical thinking skills whatsoever?

The same general public that, all glassy eyed, watches the media?

Old January 17th 04, 07:01 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Jordan" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:26:47 -0800, David H wrote:
Visit the Pacific Northwest Flying forum:
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/pnwflying

If the plane was shot down there'd probly have been alot of damage and
at least one fatality from the impact. Doesn't the general public have
any critical thinking skills whatsoever?

If they do they hide it very well.

Old January 17th 04, 07:16 PM
Peter Gottlieb

"David H" wrote in message
They asked, "why weren't air force fighters scrambled to intercept and
shoot down this plane?"

These people are nuts. There is a reason why we try to keep the armed
forces from police duties in this country. Just what kind of government is
CBS trying to push? What is their real agenda?

Old January 18th 04, 09:18 AM
Gene Whitt

Y'All, over thirty years ago I taught such a pilot a bit past solo. He
stole a club plane and took a bottle up with him while he flew all over the
S.F. Bay Area while telling ATC
what he was doing.. He passed out. Fortunately, or otherwise, the aircraft
was trimmed for \a slight climb and headed nearly north.

He crashed in the Nevada desert with no injury to the 'pilot' but destroyed
the aircraft. What a waste of instruction. Good or otherwise. A war story
for every situation.

While I've got you attention. I had a 'new' experience this
afternoon when of the final landing of a pre-solo lesson the engine died on
the runway.

I rolled clear of the runway and told tower we had an engine failure. Then
I noted that the mixture was all the way out. The Student had 'leaned the
mixture' as a part
of his post landing checklist.

I wonder if I'll live long enough to have happen to me, everything that can
happen?
Gene

Old January 18th 04, 04:54 PM
Joe Johnson

"Gene Whitt" wrote in message
news
[...]

One of my CFIs tells the story of instructing a student to "throttle back"
to begin slow flight maneuvers. Instead, the student pulled the mixture,
killing the engine. When the student realized what he had done, he pleaded
with the instructor, "your plane, your plane!" The CFI calmly replied,
"this aircraft was working when I handed it over to you. I don't want it
back now; it's not working!"

Old January 18th 04, 05:53 PM
Marty

"Joe Johnson" wrote in message
om...

"Gene Whitt" wrote in message
news
[...]

Heh,heh
Sounds like something my instructor would have said ;-)