"The Savy Flight Instructor"

Old December 21st 03, 05:24 AM
Greg Esres

Default "The Savy Flight Instructor"

Yay or nay on this book from those who have read it

Nay.

Old December 21st 03, 12:36 PM
Bob Noel

In article , BoDEAN
wrote:

Yay or nay on this book from those who have read it

never even heard of it.

--
Bob Noel
Old December 21st 03, 02:16 PM
Teacherjh

Anything whose title begins with "sexy" and ends with something where "sexy" is
not a prime requisite, gets a nay.

Jose

Old December 21st 03, 02:23 PM
C J Campbell

"BoDEAN" wrote in message
| Yay or nay on this book from those who have read it

yea

Old December 21st 03, 04:14 PM
Mike Beede

In article , Teacherjh wrote:

Anything whose title begins with "sexy" and ends with something where "sexy" is
not a prime requisite, gets a nay.

That's interesting. What about the OP's question about _The Savvy
Flight Instructor?_

I've never seen it either, so I looked at what they had on Amazon.
First of all, it is dirt cheap ($14). Second, there are three _long_
reviews and they all liked it. Third, it appears to be about the
career of flight instructing, not the profession--in other words,
it's about how to get and retain a job rather than how to teach.
There are at least a few sample pages you can read there, too.

If you're going to try making a living as a CFI, it looks like a
reasonable investement. At least you'll have something to
read while the student is under the hood.

Mike Beede

P.S., Savvy USENET readers should not require smilies. Feel
free to insert one at the appopriate position in this post.

Mike Beede
Old December 21st 03, 06:36 PM
Teacherjh

That's interesting. What about the OP's question about _The Savvy
Flight Instructor?

Hmmm... (looking up at the headers). I originally read (and responded to) the
title as "the SEXY..."

Never mind.

Jose

Old December 22nd 03, 12:51 AM
tony roberts

I've never seen it either, so I looked at what they had on Amazon.
First of all, it is dirt cheap ($14).

If it's only $14.00 why is anyone even asking the question?
If $14.00 is an issue, then they shouldn't even be flying.
--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
Old December 22nd 03, 02:11 AM
Robert M. Gary

Greg Esres wrote in message . ..
Yay or nay on this book from those who have read it

Nay.

Yay, its an excellent book about the business side of being an
independent flight instructor. A lot of good information on keeping
customers, getting customers, etc.
-Robert, CFI
Old December 22nd 03, 04:29 AM
Greg Esres

its an excellent book about the business side

If he had any real insights, then it might have been a useful book. As
it was, he just offered advice you might have been able to get from
your barber.

I'm a bookaholic, and I save just about anything, but I threw this one
out.
Old December 22nd 03, 05:26 AM
C J Campbell

"Greg Esres" wrote in message
| its an excellent book about the business side
|
| If he had any real insights, then it might have been a useful book. As
| it was, he just offered advice you might have been able to get from
| your barber.

Unfortunately, a lot of flight instructors can benefit from advice like
that.