Funny Radio isums...

Old November 19th 03, 05:01 AM
Roger Halstead

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:22:58 -0500, Peter R. wrote:

Jeff ) wrote:

then said, "what kind of ground speed are you showing on that tomahawk"
tower said 100 kts, the airliner goes, 100 kts over the ground! Oh
boyyyyyy..

That reminds me of an incident during my instrument training. We were
flying an ILS into my home airport in a C172. There was a moderate head
wind, so my ground speed was only about 65 kts or so.

A 737 had arrived at the runway and called ready. We were still about five
miles out so I was expecting the controller to clear the 737 for takeoff.
Instead, the controller instructed the 737 to hold short for approaching
traffic.

Man! I was cleared for departure at LAN a few years back with a
request to expedite as there was a DC-9 on a 5 mile final.

A friend had taken his Cherokee down for maintenance and I was giving
him a ride home. I don't think he ever quite looking back until we
made our turn out of the pattern.

We had climbed to 1000, made a right turn and were close to a mile
north before the DC-9 crossed the numbers.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

About 30 seconds slip by when the 737 pilot calls out, "What kind of
aircraft is approaching, a helicopter?"

Old November 22nd 03, 01:18 AM
vincent p. norris

Ground control .....directed me to give way to the jet

In a somewhat similar situation at Greater Pitt, years ago, I reached
an intersection (in a Cherokee) the same time as a 737.

Before Ground Control could say anything, the 737 stopped, an arm
reached out of the copilot's window, waving me on, and a voice on the
radio said "Go ahead, Cherokee; we always try to be nice to our Indian
friends."

vince norris
Old November 22nd 03, 02:42 AM
Teacherjh

In a somewhat similar situation at Greater Pitt, years ago, I reached
an intersection (in a Cherokee) the same time as a 737.

Before Ground Control could say anything, the 737 stopped, an arm
reached out of the copilot's window, waving me on...

At first I pictured this happening at a five letter intersection at seven
thousand feet.

Jose

Old November 28th 03, 07:12 PM
cefarthing

Pre Sept 11, 2001 doing night approaches at a local Civilian field with an
ANG wing. Tower is trying to call me out as traffic for to two in bound
A-10's. After a couple of position reports the converstation goes something
like this...

Tower to A-10s: "Your target is inbound on the approach at 12 oclock & 5
miles indicating 1400 feet."

A10 to Tower: "We have the target in sight, requesting permission to
engage."

After a LONG pause, the Tower comes back: "Correction, That's TRAFFIC, not
target."

A10 to Tower: "Ah shucks..."

Me to Tower: "Thank you for that minor distinction and stand by while I
unload my flare pistol."

Old November 28th 03, 08:14 PM
Dale

In article 36Nxb.6255$Yt4.4893@lakeread05,
"cefarthing" wrote:

We were in the Chicago area with the B-24 and were inbound to the
airport after a local flight. We requested a low approach with closed
traffic for a full stop. The controller approved our request then told
the bizjet behind us to do a 360 (to allow us time to do our thing).
The bizjet asked why he was having to do the 360 and the Tower replied
"Any airplane with guns has the right-of-way!" G

--
Dale L. Falk

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing around with airplanes.

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/flying.html
Old December 2nd 03, 04:00 AM
Colin Kingsbury

I realise that this in only slightly funny, but makes me wonder
what is the funnyist thing you have ever heard on the radio?

~2 yrs ago on takeoff out of BED, tower calls us, "Warrior 10J, hanscom
tower with a request."

"Tower 10J, go ahead," we reply.

"When you cross the departure end of 11, look off to your right and tell us
if you see a kangaroo anywhere."

Long pause. We look around. "Um, negative kangaroo."

"OK, thanks 10J."

Never did find out the story behind that one...