Cakxit

Old March 2nd 17, 01:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Whelan[_3_]

Default Cakxit

...but being a 30 year
resident of California, I can tell you I am very happy here. Three reasons
the weather, the weather and the weather. It is freaking perfect! Sure,
we have landslides, earth quakes, wildfires and riots, hell if we had a
volcano we would be a full service disaster center.

Ha ha ha! You may get your wish in your soaring lifetime, and if judging by
torched wheat stubble is a good guide, plan on riding one hellacious IFR
thermal when (say) Shasta goes. IFR or not, it'll be completely safe, too,
thanks to the latest (illegal in U.S. contests, so I read on RAS) A/H
technologies now rampant in glider cockpits. As with any thermal, timing will
be everything, I'll bet...

Living in Colorado, I'm waiting for Yellowstone to blow, myself.

Bob - is it still winter? - W.
Old March 2nd 17, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

I think we should just start buying up other states. We could pick up Nevada and Arizona with pocket change, then do a bunch of LBOs out to the Mississippi.
Old March 2nd 17, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WAVEGURU

Get this bull**** off of this forum! We have to put up with political bs everywhere else. Keep it off of here please?

Boggs
Old March 2nd 17, 12:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim White[_3_]

At 02:32 02 March 2017, Waveguru wrote:
Get this bull**** off of this forum! We have to put up with political bs
everywhere else. Keep it off of here please?

Boggs

Fair enough Boggs, but it was fun whilst it lasted.

As the UK was a net giver to the EU, we voted out. Seemed to me that there
will be many in CA who would feel the same way about the US federation. But
would that actually be possible? Do you have an article 50? Just curious.

Old March 2nd 17, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Thursday, March 2, 2017 at 3:00:05 PM UTC+3, Jim White wrote:
At 02:32 02 March 2017, Waveguru wrote:
Get this bull**** off of this forum! We have to put up with political bs
everywhere else. Keep it off of here please?

Boggs

Fair enough Boggs, but it was fun whilst it lasted.

As the UK was a net giver to the EU, we voted out. Seemed to me that there
will be many in CA who would feel the same way about the US federation. But
would that actually be possible? Do you have an article 50? Just curious.

Texas believes it does. None of the other states do.
Old March 2nd 17, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Last time any of the states tried to secede from the union it didn't
work out too well. You Brits better watch out that the rest of the EU
doesn't form a Union Army to bring you back into the fold. BTW, I'm on
your side.

--
Dan, 5J
Old March 2nd 17, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Newport-Peace[_4_]

No. When the Taxas Legation in London closed in 1845, there was an unpaid
rent bill of $160, which was not paid until 1986.

Old March 2nd 17, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Thursday, March 2, 2017 at 6:52:32 PM UTC+3, Dan Marotta wrote:
Last time any of the states tried to secede from the union it didn't
work out too well. You Brits better watch out that the rest of the EU
doesn't form a Union Army to bring you back into the fold. BTW, I'm on
your side.

I'm not a Brit. I've never even set foot in the UK. I've spent about three years in the USA, though I haven't been there since 2009 either.
Old March 3rd 17, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 6:32:53 PM UTC-8, Waveguru wrote:
Get this bull**** off of this forum! We have to put up with political bs everywhere else. Keep it off of here please?

Boggs

meh, must be wet and windy in Bogg's neck of the woods, triggered much Gary?
Old March 3rd 17, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WAVEGURU

It has rained here a bunch so far this year. It's so green here in The Sonoran Desert that it almost looks like Oregon! Lots of wind to dry out the mud so no problem there. All the growth is starting to bloom now. It will be beautiful and colorful for the next couple of months.

Boggs