F-14 with the Playboy bunny logo?

Old December 24th 04, 06:57 AM
M. Bogue

This past June, VX-9 Det Mugu formally disestablished. They were flying
Tomcats, including the one painted black with the Bunny logo. A few of the
Det Mugu officers migrated to VX-9 China Lake and the Bunny migrated with
them. The photo you saw in Playboy included several aircrew presently
assigned to VX-9. VX-9 has the Bunny logo painted on the tail of aircraft
100, an F/A-18E.

MB

"D" wrote in message
k.net...
A few months ago Playboy magazine had a picture of an all-black F-14 with
the bunny logo.

I thought this logo had been banned from Navy aircraft after the Tailhook
scandal. Does anybody know any details?

Old December 24th 04, 04:25 PM

The navy aircraft with the Playboy bunny logo belong to VX-4, the
navy's evaluation squadron. VX-4 is land based in Pt. Mugu,
California.

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 23:25:31 -0800, No Spam wrote:

In the old days, I understood a USMC squadron (I think it was VMAQ-2)
was the only squadron authorized by Playboy Enterprises to use its
"Bunny" logo.

I could be wrong.

/C/

Old December 25th 04, 01:15 AM
M. B.

VX-4 and VX-5 merged several years back leaving in their wake (cleverly
enough), VX-9. VX-9 Det Mugu still existed until June '04 when they
disestablished.

MB