Ren Yenc

Old September 4th 08, 07:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

Default Ren Yenc

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 23:39:23 +0200, "Herman"
wrote:

"SKUNK WORKS" schreef in bericht
I JUST GIVE UP ON THEM IGNORE THEM AND MOVE ON AND DON'T WASTE MY TIME
DOWNLOADING THEM
**** THE DICKHEADS AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED
THIS CRAP HAS BEEN RUN AROUND IN CIRCLES AND ISN'T GOING TO GO AWAY SO
STOP WASTING TIME AND ENERGY TO **** AND MOAN ABOUT IT.
****EM AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED!!!!1

I don't much care what you think, but stop SHOUTING !
Ever heard of Netiquette?

Stop using silly words.

In 2005 eight Brits (All Scottish) cracked their skulls whilst throwing up into the toilet.
Old September 4th 08, 07:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

Speak up, I can't hear you.

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 15:50:53 -0400, "SKUNK WORKS"
wrote:

I JUST GIVE UP ON THEM IGNORE THEM AND MOVE ON AND DON'T WASTE MY TIME
DOWNLOADING THEM
**** THE DICKHEADS AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED
THIS CRAP HAS BEEN RUN AROUND IN CIRCLES AND ISN'T GOING TO GO AWAY SO STOP
WASTING TIME AND ENERGY TO **** AND MOAN ABOUT IT.
****EM AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED!!!!1

"JRW" wrote in message
. ..
michael hoare wrote:
I dont care if its been said a thousand times i fail to see the point
of encrypting entries so that they cant be viewed without downloading
some other crap to view them ....whats the purpose of it ..what purpose
does it serve besides ****ing off those who cant view the pics i really
dont see the point of it all
Mick H

Mike,

Their loss that you don't view them. I have the means to see all of them.
But I fully agree with you that they should consider others when posting.
Lots of folks are still on dial-up....money the economy or whatever. These
are the folks I feel for.
Some folks are not internet savvy and that's okay, but you and others have
made it to the newsgroups and I think that's great.
There is absolutely NO need for folks to invest in software or newsgroup
providers if their ISP carries newsgroups. I do however have XNEWS and
that's great for viewing and it's free.
I think the biggest gripe is that the power posters don't even include an
index. If they did then you could choose the photos that you wanted to
download.
Indexes are easy to make......it just boils down to lazyness. It's sad
that the time and effort that folks take to post the stuff and more than
half will not view them. Sad!
Now I'm sure that someone will come along and say tough. But that just
shows how selfish the person is. I know one that will bite on this post in
a milliesecond...lol

JRW

Her voice had that tense, grating quality, like a first-generation thermal paper fax machine that needed a band tightened.
Old September 4th 08, 07:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 08:20:39 +1000, "The Raven"
wrote:

"michael hoare" wrote in message
I dont care if its been said a thousand times i fail to see the point
of encrypting entries so that they cant be viewed without downloading some
other crap to view them ....whats the purpose of it ..what purpose does
it serve besides ****ing off those who cant view the pics i really dont
see the point of it all
Mick H

I appreciate both sides of the argument but, given Yenc has been out for
years and it still hasn't gained any significant market space it's a proven
dud.

LPG has been around for ages, without much uptake. That doesn't stop
me using it and saving 70% on fuel costs. The rest of the stupid
population can continue wasting their money.

The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.
Old September 4th 08, 09:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman Mitchell Holman is offline
Banned

Peter Hucker wrote in newss90c45i0pjopmrd1rvo5rkibqmr5278o1
@4ax.com:

On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 09:04:17 -0500, Mitchell Holman
wrote:

"michael hoare" wrote in
:

I dont care if its been said a thousand times i fail to see the
point of encrypting entries so that they cant be viewed without
downloading some other crap to view them ....whats the purpose of it
..what purpose does it serve besides ****ing off those who cant view the
pics i really dont see the point of it all
Mick H

And then there is the issue of flooding.

What is wrong with posting just a dozen or so
images per day? Is there some urgency that requires
a whole series to uploaded all at once?

Why should I have to collect a few bits a day?

Because that is the pace I post them at.
If you are in a hurry to collect them all at
once for some reason let me know.

Old September 5th 08, 05:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 12:47:18 -0400, HEMI-Powered wrote
(in article ):

hielan' laddie added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

so now im being ignored what a great news group this is
MH

Gee, son, I'm not ignoring you. I'm pitying you.

You're reaping what so many other clueless MSOE users have
sown by their intemperate rants against YENC (and other useful
techniques). I, for one, would be more inclined towards paying
attention to what they (and you) want if only they had not
started off by accusing me of all kinds of things on no basis
whatsoever other than I posted using YENC. When they did that,
they poisoned the well... and now they (and you) get to drink
deep.

I repeat: MSOE is a crippled newsreader. I've posted before
what the minimum requirements for a real newsreader are; MSOE
fails on all counts. If MSOE meets your requirements, by all
means continue to use it... just don't expect any sympathy if
other people, using real newsreaders, do so in ways that cause
trouble for crippled newsreaders. We who use real newsreaders
do not _have_ to accommodate you who use crippled ones. You do
_not_ get a vote on what I post, when I post it, and what
techniques I use to post it. If you do not wish to use
something which can download it, despite the swarm of
cheap/free real newsreaders available for Windows and Mac and
(probably, given the Tux mentality, I don't do penguins so I
don't know for sure, corrections invited) Linux, you are free
to do so... Too bad that you won't be able to see the pix, but
that's your choice. Just as you can't make me post using
techniques you like, I can't make you use a real newsreader. I
can, however, ensure that it will be difficult for you to see
my stuff if you don't. You no like? Me no care.

I'm afraid you're spitting into a strong wind here. OE users are
absolutely adament about using it as a news reader even though
you are completely correct that it is crippled by being an add-on
the to E-mail client portion of O6.

**** 'em. Just because they're idiots doesn't mean that I have to coddle
them. And I won't.

What OE bigots cannot seem to
understand is that it is slow to decode pictures inline, has
difficulty with multipart binaries, and cannot (yet) decode yEnc.
People who really don't want to get a real news reader and want
to stick with OE are in the vast majority in many NGs, hence it
is impossible to promote the idea that yEnc is a valid encoding
scheme and takes a rather large part of the encoding overhead out
making it faster to upload and faster to download.

Anyone who doesn't like YENC is free to run a killfilter with 'yenc' in it;
every pic I post is posted with YENC and has 'yenc' in the subjectline. If
they don't want to see it, they can damn well killfile it. I don't give a
damn.

Old September 5th 08, 01:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bernd Rosemeier

Nachdem du hier endlosen Mist geschrieben hast, frage ich mich was deine
Motivation ist? Warum willst du andere Personen zu etwas zwingen was diese
nicht wollen?

Was für ein Idiot muss man sein in einer Newsgoup nur für Ärger zu sorgen.

Für mich bist du einfach nur ein Schwachkopf.

Nu kannste dir übersetzen was ich geschrieben habe. Viel Spass dabei und du
solltest mal deinen Psychiater kontaktieren.

Bernd

"Peter Hucker" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

endless blabla

Old September 5th 08, 06:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 15:39:01 -0500, Mitchell Holman
wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote in newss90c45i0pjopmrd1rvo5rkibqmr5278o1
:

On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 09:04:17 -0500, Mitchell Holman
wrote:

"michael hoare" wrote in
:

I dont care if its been said a thousand times i fail to see the
point of encrypting entries so that they cant be viewed without
downloading some other crap to view them ....whats the purpose of it
..what purpose does it serve besides ****ing off those who cant view the
pics i really dont see the point of it all
Mick H

And then there is the issue of flooding.

What is wrong with posting just a dozen or so
images per day? Is there some urgency that requires
a whole series to uploaded all at once?

Why should I have to collect a few bits a day?

Because that is the pace I post them at.
If you are in a hurry to collect them all at
once for some reason let me know.

It doesn't really bother me. But I fail to see why it bothers others
when someone doesn't post at exactly the speed they want. This is a
public group with hundreds of people using it.

A gang-member was holding his 8-month-old baby while his wife was in kitchen fixing lunch.
The baby murmured "mother".
The guy gets all excited and hollered to his wife "Hey, the baby just said half a word!"
Old September 5th 08, 06:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 14:42:05 -0500, Sj wrote:

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 19:26:46 +0100, Peter Hucker
wrote:

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 19:53:40 +0200, "Martin Helms"
wrote:

"Chris D" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
m.au...

"michael hoare" wrote in message
I dont care if its been said a thousand times i fail to see the point
of encrypting entries so that they cant be viewed without downloading
some other crap to view them ....whats the purpose of it ..what purpose
does it serve besides ****ing off those who cant view the pics i really
dont see the point of it all
Mick H

I don't like it either. But after missing heaps of posts, I gave up and
ended up downloading a small program from the sight attached below. It
creates a shortcut on the desk top called 'OeyEnc Loader' which opens
'Outlook Express' and allows it to read yEnc post so long as the yEnc is
written into the subject heading.

This is exactly the same I am using, however, the problem with the most
recent YEnc posts lies within you last sentence, "so long as the yEnc is
written into the subject heading".
Unfortunately, the person posting it (oh so wiesly chosing yEnc as a handle)
ignored this most important rule about yEnc.

It's not required at all. A decent newsreader will decode yenc
without the word in the subject.

It was intended that way by the programmer who
'developed' yEnc, Juergen Helbing ... but not all
software's followed what he intended ...

If I ever post in yEnc, I'd look for software which
is compliant ... if it's still around ;-)

I do not believe in rules. It works for me without the rule, so
there!

"Americans will always do the right thing when they have exhausted all other alternatives." -- Winston Churchill
Old September 5th 08, 06:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

I cannot concentrate on what you wrote, as the auto-translation is
ridiculous:

After you wrote here endless muck, do I ask which your motivation am?
Why don't you want other persons to something to force which these?
Which for an idiot must one be in a Newsgoup only for annoyance to
provide. For me you are simply only one weak head. Nu kannste you
translates which I wrote. Much fun thereby and you should contact
times your psychiatrist.

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 14:09:29 +0200, "Bernd Rosemeier"
wrote:

Nachdem du hier endlosen Mist geschrieben hast, frage ich mich was deine
Motivation ist? Warum willst du andere Personen zu etwas zwingen was diese
nicht wollen?

Was für ein Idiot muss man sein in einer Newsgoup nur für Ärger zu sorgen.

Für mich bist du einfach nur ein Schwachkopf.

Nu kannste dir übersetzen was ich geschrieben habe. Viel Spass dabei und du
solltest mal deinen Psychiater kontaktieren.

Bernd

"Peter Hucker" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
.. .

endless blabla

15 Easy Steps to Poo like a Man:
1. Select reading material (can be anything except a porn-mag; tried by every man once, but never repeated -* see step 4).
2. Tell everyone along the way, "Just going for a dump, okay?" Always tell girlfriend/wife, especially when she has visitors.
3. Pull pants and trousers around ankles, then sit down.
4 Adjust penis and testicles to hang comfortably without touching the toilet rim.
5. Open reading material and relax.
6. Whilst waiting, it is traditional to audibly fart.
7. Sigh loudly as the first one bullets out. It is quite normal to experience a cold jet of water rocket up your anus as a result of the first bomb. This is to be endured if you want to be a real man.
8. Remain sitting and reading until pins-and-needles set in to your legs and buttocks.
9. Rise and look at the poo. Make mental notes of any irregularities to report to friends and girlfriend/wife, e.g. colour, consistency, any visible traces of peanuts, etc. You must tell people about it.
10. Take long length of paper and wipe anus. You must* look at the paper before throwing it into the pan.
11. Repeat step 10 until there is no longer any evidence of faeces on the paper.
12. Flush. If there is any residue left on the pan, under no circumstances attempt to clean it off. In due course, it will come away by itself. Or, when your girlfriend/wife next uses the loo.
13. Leave the seat up. Leave the reading material on the floor (you can use it again later).
14. Wash your hands once.
15. Vacate the bathroom, leaving the door open. It is important to a man's self-esteem that other people smell his produce.
Old September 6th 08, 12:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Herman

"HEMI-Powered" schreef in bericht

LARGE SNIP

For once, an enlightened and correct view of this controversy.

--
HP, aka Jerry

Don't be a fop or a blooter, make only pithy comments on Usenet

Plonk SEMI