'They want to ban recreational flying...'

Old July 10th 03, 03:37 PM
JerryK

"Jeff Franks" wrote in message
Agreed, we should be more careful, but from your situation, I'd HAVE to

ask
the complainers "Was the airport here when you bought your house?"

I am afraid that argument is not going to work. Unfortunately being first
does not mean you can dictate terms.

It may be that airport operations have increased or the flight paths
changed.

Old July 9th 03, 02:05 PM
Frank

Thomas J. Paladino Jr. wrote:

I have not read more ignorant, self-important, illogical and just plain
dimwitted crap anywhere else on the internet, than there is on this site.
I just don't even know where to begin.

Be sure to drop these people a note and let them know exactly what you
think of them.

http://www.stopthenoise.org/

July 02, 2003
Shirley, MA

Stop the Noise still battles for quieter skies
First of three parts
By Nathan Jones

snip

I looked at the site listed above but I couldn't find the place where they
are calling for a ban on motorcycles. Any group that purports to be against
noise but does not include this group loses all credibility. There are far
more of them and they make lots of noise.

(Where I used to live I actually gave up watching anything on TV that I
didn't tape first. Several people in the neighborhood had Harleys. From the
time they started them until they had left the area I would miss 15 minutes
of dialog.)
--
Frank....H
Old July 9th 03, 04:20 PM
John Harlow

Thomas J. Paladino Jr. wrote:

I have not read more ignorant, self-important, illogical and just plain
dimwitted crap anywhere else on the internet, than there is on this

site.
I just don't even know where to begin.

Be sure to drop these people a note and let them know exactly what you
think of them.

http://www.stopthenoise.org/

I think they have a point; however, they might get better cooperation if
they went about it in a better way. Perhaps they should scan a sectional
and mark the noise sensitive areas and put it on their site.

Old July 10th 03, 07:54 PM
Captain Wubba

No need. Nutjobs like this would simply put a big red circle around
the entire sectional, and say this is the noise-sensitive area. The
only way to deal with fools like this is to trivialize them. If they
had legitimate complaints, then that would be different. But from
reading the interview, it's pretty clear these guys are no real
threat, and are just a bunch of self-indulgent headcases whinging
because they have notheing better to do. Make fun of them, and only
indluge people with *real* problems, and who are looking for
*realistic* solutions.

Old July 9th 03, 03:42 PM
Brandabc

Hey... I think the group has a very valid argument. And I fly aerobatics!!

PS- Motorcycles are mentioned also.
Old July 10th 03, 03:21 AM
C J Campbell

There are nuts out there trying to ban everything. I have a tough time
believing that anyone with such extremist views is a real threat -- beyond
the fact that this is the sort of whacko that eventually gets frustrated
with everybody's refusal to see things his way, so he resorts to violence.

Old July 10th 03, 04:41 PM
Henry Bibb

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
There are nuts out there trying to ban everything. I have a tough time
believing that anyone with such extremist views is a real threat -- beyond
the fact that this is the sort of whacko that eventually gets frustrated
with everybody's refusal to see things his way, so he resorts to violence.

It's worse than that; they resort to lawyers..

Henry Bibb

Old July 12th 03, 01:50 AM
vincent p. norris

I have a tough time believing that anyone with such extremist views is a real threat

I agree. Despite all the evidence that raises doubts about it, the
public in general and even the legislators are, for the most part,
reasonably sensible people.

vince norris.