Colibri to SeeYou

Old April 21st 05, 12:24 AM
ttaylor at cc.usu.edu

lxe won't download or won't set up on your computer?

Old April 21st 05, 12:39 AM

will not set up

devin

Old April 21st 05, 02:51 AM
Kevin Christner

You are having a serial port problem... its not a problem with LXe or
SeeYou but the computer. Drop me an e-mail and
I'll give you a phone number to call me (or do you still have it from
the convention?)

Kevin

Old April 21st 05, 04:03 PM
ttaylor at cc.usu.edu

Devin,

Post the error statement or send it to me off line. If it is the
autoexec file missing error in the installation program you need to
make a copy of the autoexec.nt file and paste it into a different
folder. I had similar problems with WinXP.

Search for your autoexec.nt file and compare where it is to the error
statement. If it is not in the folder the install program is looking
for, copy it and paste a copy in the correct folder.

Mine installed fine after that.

Tim

Old April 21st 05, 05:51 PM
nimbusgb

When a Colibri is connected to a PC and the PC is communicating with
the flight data transfer of the Colibri ( ie when LXe or CU 'connection
wizard' is running ) the Colibri will beep at about 1Hz. This
'heartbeat' tells the user that the mode is working. This beep becomes
intermittent as data is downloaded from the device. When connected
'normally' ie in transmit only NMEA mode as in the glider, the Colibri
does not make any sounds unless a TP or zone is entered.

If your Colibri is connected to your PC and is not making any noise and
your PC's mouse is 'locked up' or doing wierd things ( like wandering
about of its own will ) then the PC has identified and is using the
data stream from the Colibi as a mouse. Depending on your particular
setup on your PC and what programs you are running or have installed
etc this can either be simple to fix ie: by disabling the 'phantom'
mouse driver, or a right pain in the behind.

The Interrupt request used for this will not help much BTW, I suspect
that tinkering with the Windows registry to make the Device Manager
load the serial port driver before the mouse driver might be the right
way to fix the problem once and for all but this is beyond most average
PC users. I wont discuss it here because playing with the registry can
be *fatal* to your PC.

The best solution would be to get a savy PC bloke to sort out your
driver setups. Personally I run ConnectMe on the cockpit iPaq, download
the flights to the iPaq at the end of the day and then transfer the
data using activesync when I'm at the PC. The Colibri doesn't get
removed from the aircraft.

Ian

Old April 22nd 05, 12:52 AM

I'll download the files onto my ipaq for now on. It is the computer
that has a wrong setting problem because I hooked up the colibri to my
sisters comp flawlessly and got my flights downloaded

thanks

Devin