IDs Please

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 17th 07, 11:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dingo[_2_]

Default IDs Please

........ or perhaps, confirmation.

Apart from C-130s, I rarely see/hear any other 4 prop a/c here in N.Suffolk
so dashed outside yesterday at the sound of something which obviously wasn't
a Hercules and saw the attached. It wasn't that close and the photo shows
more than I saw by eye.

First thought it was a DC 7 .... but I haven't seen/heard one of those in
probably 50 years. But even so, and given the state of my memory, DC7s etc
didn't have this sort of engine sound. I can only say that some of our local
tractors sound sweeter than this kite which I think was an Ilyushin IL 18.

Is I right or is I wrong ? ...... and whilst I'm here can any of you chaps
put an ID on the other a/c here ? Sent to me by a friend who thinks it might
be Italian. I'm not so sure, but ..........

Many thanks,
~~
Dingo ;-)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4PROP.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	16364  Click image for larger version

Name:	dunno2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	16365