Computer Waypoints into Volkslogger

Old May 14th 13, 04:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
neptune

Default Computer Waypoints into Volkslogger

All I want to do is be able to download waypoints from my computer
into my Volkslogger - I used to do this with a now-obsolete Compaq
3835 - not to use in flight - just to put in waypoints. I am quite
happy using just a VL in flight.

Well, someone suggested Seeyou so I bought it. I spent HOURS trying to
figure out the out-of-date Help file and still am confused. The Forums
were just as bad. The program appears to be very (likely excessively)
complex for those who want to compete or like flight computers. I
definitely do neither. Then, suspicioning that if the problems I was
having with just the Seeyou waypoints would be worse loading onto the
VL, I suddenly thought...and right I was. A "help" search turned up
nothing at all for Volkslogger. I am asking for my money back from
Seeyou. Yes, if a user is already skilled in the use of these gadgets
and in-flight computers this Seeyou may be ok, but for a newbie?
Absolutely pitiful.

Can any kind person help? Surely it cannot be that complex to load a
datebase of TPs into a laptop and select some to download into a VL
flight... or can it?

Neptune in Boulder, CO

Old May 14th 13, 05:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Neptune,

SeeYou is a fantastic product which is used by a huge percentage of glider
pilots around the world. It seems to me like you are giving up without
asking for help from Naviter or the dealer you bought SeeYou from. If you
bought it from me, give me a call and I'll get you connected in about 10
minutes or less.

You can also checkout the training videos I created for SeeYou. There is
one specifically about how to transfer data to a flight recorder.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/train...raining-SeeYou - See video #43
"Connection Wizard".

Of course, you can only connect to the VL if you have the correct PC cables.
Do you have a serial data cable and a 9-pin serial port on your PC? If not,
I have the PC cable in stock along with USB to Serial adapters.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/garrecht.htm
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/ftdichip.htm

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
_____________________________________

Old May 14th 13, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

Paul's right, the best tool for doing this is SeeYou. The hardest part is getting the serial adapter connection set up. Then you just use the Connection Wizard.

There are a couple of other hints on turnpoint files documented on my website at http://www/soaringdata.info/airports. Select the "Getting Started" link and then look for "Working with a Volkslogger".

Lynn Alley
"2KA"
Old May 14th 13, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

Whoops, that's http://www.soaringdata.info/airports.

L.
Old May 17th 13, 12:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On May 13, 11:10*pm, neptune wrote:
[...]

I used the free "Volkslogger Manager" program from the manufacturer,
available at http://www.garrecht.com/index.php/en...ad/14-software.
It's simpler - really upload/download only. I have since moved to
StrePla.

I agree the usb to serial and com port settings are the key. I use a
keyspan converter, and it's very reliable.

My old club had a step by step 'how to':
http://www.highflights.com/reference...loggerUse.html

Dan
Old May 17th 13, 12:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

available athttp://www.garrecht.com/index.php/en/support/download/14-software.
It's simpler - really upload/download only. *I have since moved to
StrePla.

I agree the usb to serial and com port settings are the key. I use a
keyspan converter, and it's very reliable.

My old club had a step by step 'how to':http://www.highflights.com/reference...loggerUse.html

Dan

That's a step by step using "SeeYou".

DD

Garmin 430 user waypoints Red Baron Instrument Flight Rules 9 December 27th 05 06:20 PM
Waypoints from GPS90 to GPS V Andy Davey Soaring 3 September 24th 05 05:23 PM
Entering GPS waypoints Doug Piloting 13 August 12th 05 07:01 PM
Types of Waypoints Gene Whitt Instrument Flight Rules 4 January 9th 05 09:29 PM
Minden Waypoints Carl Buehler Soaring 2 August 14th 04 06:22 PM