Bargin tcas alert

Old December 6th 04, 05:35 PM
RST Engineering

Somebody send me the schematic of the one that doesn't have an aural warning
and tell me at what level (green, yellow, or red) you want a beep and if I
can't do it for less than $5 in Rat Shack parts I'll push a peanut down the
flight line at Oshkosh next year.

Jim

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Vaughn,

It seems to me that adding an audable alert to that little gizmo
would be cheap...and necessary.

Well, looking at the market, it's at least several hundred dollars
more. But from having usedg such a device, it is well worth the money,
IMHO.
--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 6th 04, 08:31 PM

I certainly didn't imply a personal attack, and sorry if I stepped on a
raw nerve. I was simply making the point that, if the visual is strong
enough, which my Micro is, the audio alert is not really needed to
further "clutter" what's coming over my headset. Not every device in
the cockpit needs audio alerts, IMHO. A DME for example, or a portable
GPS.

And in fairness, I posted that Mr. Borchert sells Monroy because of
numerous other posts saying as much, such as
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...564f7f0aadc30a.
A simple web search reveals his website of www.aeroversand.de.

Anyway, I am very happy with my Micro, as are the fellow pilots I fly
with. I was the "guinea pig" of the group and can report that I
wouldn't fly without it. And for under $300, I can't imagine why anyone
wouldn't have at least this product.

T. Johnson

Old December 7th 04, 12:19 AM
Dave

"I'll push a peanut down the
flight line at Oshkosh next year." LOL!!

Old December 7th 04, 11:00 AM
Thomas Borchert

Dave,

For several hundred dollars to add an audio feature is
rediculous.

As I said in my original post, it's not me making those prices - I was
just commenting on the units that are available on the market. Mind
you, the more expensive units have valuable additional features beyond
audio, IMHO. But I don't really understand why the cheapo-unit
mentioned in the OP doesn't have audio.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 7th 04, 11:00 AM
Thomas Borchert

And in fairness, I posted that Mr. Borchert sells Monroy because of
numerous other posts saying as much, such as
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...564f7f0aadc30a.
A simple web search reveals his website of www.aeroversand.de.

Thanks for the advertising, but I still don't understand what "fairness" has to
do with my original post - or my being associated with that website. And since we
had rather unpleasant discussions in this context before, I may have been
oversensitive. Then again, this is usenet...

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 8th 04, 06:15 AM

Just out of curiosity, what did you mean "unpleasant discussions in
this context before?" As I am new to these devices I am curious about
their history.

Old December 8th 04, 09:30 AM
Thomas Borchert

Just out of curiosity, what did you mean "unpleasant discussions in
this context before?" As I am new to these devices I am curious about
their history.

Do a google search. But rest assured, the discussion I am talking about
had nothing to do with the devices. They were typical usenet excesses.

If you want to know more about these devices, I'd recommend the
articles in Aviation Consumer as a starting point.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 8th 04, 10:31 AM

I have resisted until now, but I must say my peace.

First off, I was anticipating Mr. Borchert raising the "Aviation
consumer card"

A quick search of Florida's Secretary of State Corporations will yield
anyone a historical representation of Mr. Paul Bertorelli's ownership
in a group called MOA. Mooney Owner Association. Also his tail number
is a co-ownership that reveals even more. He is not only part owner,
but stands to profit from the proceeds in some of the products he
recommends I think.

After speaking with several other avionics manufacturers, as I built my
RV-6A, I quickly realized this empire of cloaking under "unbiased
reviews" yields more than just a measly journalistic paycheck.

Let's explore my observations shall we:

1. Mr. Borchert sells the Monroy devices and profits from the sell of
such units. Keyword search "Thomas Borchert Monroy"
or http://www.aeroversand.de/ATD_Long.htm (notice the family name at
the bottom)
2. Mr. Paul Bertorelli write *unbiased opinions* regarding such devices
and has a part interest in the MOA whom he also write articles
for(Mooney Owners of America)
http://www.moapilot.com/The_Mooney_P...nt_sept01.html
3. Mr. Monroy just so happens to own a Mooney and produce Mooney long
range tanks and has had past dealings which Mr. Bertorelli has
benefited from
4. Numerous avionics manufacturers have explicitly told me that they
have either been threatened by Paul, or been told to "conform" in order
to get positive reviews. This includes giving up websites for free for
his benefit.

I think it is sad that many people try and take advantage of GA pilots
like myself in such a crooked way.

This is just my opinion based on many months of research and talking
with various other GA enthusiasts. For some reason I'm sure Mr. Paul
Bertorelli or Thomas Borchert will be along soon to dispute all my
findings.

Old December 8th 04, 11:30 AM
Thomas Borchert

Listen, "Tailwind9901",

I know this is Usenet, but this really cracks me up - again and again.

First, it would be nice if you had the guts to put a real name to stand
by your postings, but, oh well...

but stands to profit from the proceeds in some of the products he
recommends I think.

You think. You think??? That's all to support your slanderous remarks?
Show some proof!

1. Mr. Borchert sells the Monroy devices and profits from the sell of
such units. Keyword search "Thomas Borchert Monroy"

No secret at all.

4. Numerous avionics manufacturers have explicitly told me that they
have either been threatened by Paul, or been told to "conform" in order
to get positive reviews. This includes giving up websites for free for
his benefit.

You got names? You got the paperwork for the lawsuits that, surely, these
manufacturer's legal departments have raised against AvCon? Show some
proof!

I think it is sad that many people try and take advantage of GA pilots
like myself in such a crooked way.

Implicitly, you accuse me. How, pray, tell, in this thread, have I taken
advantage of anyone in a crooked way? I don't get it, so please explain
it to me - if you can.

This is just my opinion based on many months of research

Opinion and research don't go together well. Through research, you tend
to find facts. If you did, please present them. If you didn't, your
opinions are slanderous blathering at best.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 21st 04, 11:54 AM

No offense Tom, but your monroy 300 system really sucks wind. I got
this hoping it would be an improvement over previous 200 version, but
in reality it turned out to be a real flop. I applaud the concept and
very reasonable price, but it is really lacking reliability. There
where numerous times where it reported traffic that either didn't
exist, or had the wrong altitude. I returned the monroy for an upgrade
to Shurecheck Trafficscope, and have had very positive results. Be it
far from perfect, it is still the best system on the market for the
cost.

- Nicholas

Terrorist Alert!!!! :-) Larry Dighera Piloting 7 March 29th 04 04:15 AM
controller killed Jeff Piloting 16 March 5th 04 11:22 AM
Skyguide traffic controller killed HECTOP Piloting 39 March 3rd 04 02:46 AM
FBI Issues Alert Against Almanac Carriers noname Military Aviation 1 December 30th 03 02:13 AM