identifying an aircraft

Old December 14th 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
timothy

Default identifying an aircraft

I wonder if someone could help me identify and aircraft I saw several
times on a reason visit to Reno? The plane is has twin pusher props,
the tail is delta shaped and the aircraft canard . . . it looked a
little like one that Beechcraft made . . . I can't remember the name
but the wing and tail wing configuration was completely different.
There were two of these planes flying out of RNO. Thank you, Tim

Old December 14th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
karl gruber[_1_]

Did it look like this?
http://tinyurl.com/yzh389

Karl
N185KG

ups.com...

Old December 14th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
timothy

karl gruber wrote:
Did it look like this?
http://tinyurl.com/yzh389

Karl
N185KG

"timothy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I wonder if someone could help me identify and aircraft I saw several
times on a reason visit to Reno? The plane is has twin pusher props,
the tail is delta shaped and the aircraft canard . . . it looked a
little like one that Beechcraft made . . . I can't remember the name
but the wing and tail wing configuration was completely different.
There were two of these planes flying out of RNO. Thank you, Tim

That's it! Thanks for the help. TM

Old December 14th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

It needs to be painted a dark grey on top with blue
highlights, medium blue on the sides with a white bottom.
That way it can look like a beached whale. Or a catfish.

"timothy" wrote in message
ups.com...

| karl gruber wrote:
| Did it look like this?
| http://tinyurl.com/yzh389
|
| Karl
| N185KG

ups.com...

Old December 14th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
[email protected][_1_]

I think that somebody already answered you, but just in case:

It's a Piaggio Avanti P.180. (http://www.piaggioaero.com/) Reno is one
of our mx bases.

12,100 lb T/O weight
395 knots at 28,000 feet.

It's the worlds fastest business turboprop.

Hope this helps.

Old December 14th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
karl gruber[_1_]

wrote in message
ps.com...
I think that somebody already answered you, but just in case:

It's a Piaggio Avanti P.180. (http://www.piaggioaero.com/) Reno is one
of our mx bases.

12,100 lb T/O weight
395 knots at 28,000 feet.

It's the worlds fastest business turboprop.

Hope this helps.

How are the wings de-iced? I've looked at one up close and can't see
anything obvious.

Karl
N185KG

Old December 14th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"karl gruber" wrote in message

wrote in message
ps.com...
I think that somebody already answered you, but just in case:

It's a Piaggio Avanti P.180. (http://www.piaggioaero.com/) Reno is one
of our mx bases.

12,100 lb T/O weight
395 knots at 28,000 feet.

It's the worlds fastest business turboprop.

Hope this helps.

How are the wings de-iced? I've looked at one up close and can't see
anything obvious.

Karl
N185KG

From their Website

Main wing leading edge anti-ice is

accomplished by directing engine bleed air

through a diffuser duct installed in the main

wing leading edge.

The forward wing contains an electrically activated

de-icing blanket on the aluminum

alloy leading edge.

Nacelle inlets are de-iced by pneumatic boots.

To avoid ice ingestion, an inertial separator is

installed inside each nacelle. Moreover, the

cycling of the nacelle boots is automatically

controlled by the Ice Detector System in its

primary mode of operation. A timer is provided

to cycle the boots for secondary operations.

Electric heating of the windshield on both pilot

and co-pilot sides is used to guard against or

alleviate icing and fogging.

No ice protection is provided or required on the

horizontal and the vertical tail.

Old December 15th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

The front wing (NOT a canard) is electric heat, the engine intakes are
pneumatic boots, and the main wing is heated from engine bleed air. The
props are "always heated" from the exhaust, and the empennage is cold.

wrote in glegroups.com...

Old December 15th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

That's a sweet post; I probably should have read a little farther
before I ended up repeating everything that you said.