SPOT User Survey - Altitude?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 6th 09, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MarkHawke7

Default SPOT User Survey - Altitude?

All,
So in some of the recent discussions with SPOT about their upcoming
products, they tell me that they have indeed surveyed their users
about whether they would like to have altitude outputted. They have
not (yet) told me how much extra it would have cost, but they said
that the majority of users they surveyed were not willing to pay any
extra to have altitude outputted by their devices. They said that
while the "hangliders" have been passionate about it, that there
hasn't been a large enough group of users who said they were willing
to pay an additional amount to justify the additional bandwidth
usage.

So the purpose of this posting is to ask if any of the users on this
newgroups anywhere in the world have EVER been survey'd by SPOT or an
affiliated organization ANYTHING related to the addition altitude to
the information outputted by a SPOT device. If you have, please let
me know. My guess is that there won't be anyone on here that has ever
been asked. I'm hoping to try to get something posted somewhere on
the AOPA site with a similar question to see what the response there
is as well. I will also ask some of our more active paraglider
buddies as well. I will also push back a little on any proposed
pricing they might have considered. Since I don't know that, please
also let me know if you would be willing to pay say (I'm making this
up) $5 extra a year to have altitude outputted from your device and
available on your shared page?

Armed with some of this feedback, I hope to push back a bit more in
hopes of trying to get altitude output onto the plate for the next
version of SPOT.

Thanks in advance!!

-Mark

SPOT survey Andy[_1_] Soaring 2 April 28th 09 06:05 PM
Spot deal, today only, buy service get a free Spot Tim Taylor Soaring 3 December 1st 08 10:30 PM
Vector altitude for ILS below GS intercept altitude? M Instrument Flight Rules 23 May 20th 06 07:41 PM
GPS altitude vs altimeter altitude Chris W Piloting 37 April 19th 06 10:45 AM
Pressure Altitude or Density Altitude john smith Piloting 3 July 22nd 04 10:48 AM