Mammoths?

Old March 24th 04, 06:09 PM
Dan Shackelford

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:50:32 -0800, Tarver Engineering wrote:

"QDurham" wrote in message
Ah! Thank you. Delighted to learn that mammowhopperus Woolinsky
didn't pass
on for the same reasons as the épeé-toothed tiger.

The last ice age began with skinny monkeys, mammoths, mastodons,
smilodons (aka sabretooth), dire wolves, and the giant cave bear.

The last ice age ended with obese humans.

The last ice age hasnt ended yet, this is just an interglacial period.

It has ended (if indeed it ever started) for the mammowhopperus
Woolinsky, smilodons (aka sabretooth) and the épeé-toothed tiger.
Sad. Sniff.

They are only a small contribution to the large number of extinct species.
After each Global cataclysmic event, somehow a bunch of new species apear
in the geological record. Darwin's little fairy tale was never true, but
today there is hard physical evidence unavailable 150 years ago.

You do realize that biologists have not believed in classic "evolution"
for decades, correct? That has been replaced with "adaptive radiation".
You are a biologist, right?

Old March 25th 04, 08:26 AM
Tarver Engineering

news

"QDurham" wrote in message
[...]

I am an electrical engineer. I am aware that some biologists have modified
their understanding of species, but biology as taught in US public schools
may as well be based on Scopes' monkey ignorance.

Old March 25th 04, 07:40 PM
QDurham

Hmmm, is being attacked by a Giant Beaver a good thing or a bad thing?

Define your terms.

Quent
Old March 25th 04, 07:52 PM
Tarver Engineering

"QDurham" wrote in message
Hmmm, is being attacked by a Giant Beaver a good thing or a bad thing?

Define your terms.

Fat chick?

Old March 26th 04, 05:22 AM
QDurham

Al Minyard wrote in part:
Good Lord man, do you want me to answer my own question :-))))

Of course not sir. I'm only checking to se that we are on the same track. Far
be it from me to disparge anybody for eating beaver of any sort (four legged or
otherwise) -- or vice versa, as a matter of fact.

Quent