TFR Bust..

Old February 3rd 07, 05:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_1_]

Default TFR Bust..

In reading the following account of a pilot's TFR bust near
Washington, it struck me as concerning that briefings cannot be
obtained under the Freedom of Information Act now that FSS has been
privatized. Has anyone else run into this issue?

http://www.x-plane.com/adventures/tfr.html

Reading stuff like this makes me glad that I have the XM downlink for
TFRs...

--Dan

Old February 3rd 07, 05:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

if the FAA is prosecuting... then they must have a copy of the briefing..
wait.. not they don't.. they don't need it.. so they don't have to share
it..
they can use an administrative law judge.. or something like that.. so
common rules of disclosure do not apply
but they don't need to prove you where not briefed, they only need to prove
a violation occurred
time to get your senator involved.. I hope he is aviation friendly..

Does the XM TFR information pop up on the new G-1000 panels?
or just the 396/496 models..

BT

oups.com...

Old February 3rd 07, 01:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Clark

The G1000 MFD will display TFRs with an active subscription, even on
the lower service level. You have to have a GDL69A to receive it, but
the entire Cessna line gets those standard.

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 21:49:51 -0800, "BT" wrote:

if the FAA is prosecuting... then they must have a copy of the briefing..
wait.. not they don't.. they don't need it.. so they don't have to share
it..
they can use an administrative law judge.. or something like that.. so
common rules of disclosure do not apply
but they don't need to prove you where not briefed, they only need to prove
a violation occurred
time to get your senator involved.. I hope he is aviation friendly..

Does the XM TFR information pop up on the new G-1000 panels?
or just the 396/496 models..

BT

roups.com...

Old February 3rd 07, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Natalie

Dan wrote:
In reading the following account of a pilot's TFR bust near
Washington, it struck me as concerning that briefings cannot be
obtained under the Freedom of Information Act now that FSS has been
privatized. Has anyone else run into this issue?

http://www.x-plane.com/adventures/tfr.html

Reading stuff like this makes me glad that I have the XM downlink for
TFRs...

Yep they caught a ton of pilots just like that. We'd hear them being
chased down all the time. After much beating on NACO they finally
started charting the "supersize" P-40 boundaries as well as the ADIZ
on the charts.

I got into quite a heated discussion with the NACO reps on this who
claimed they had no precedent in putting temporary flight restrictions
on charts. I pointed out that not only had NOAA done so in the past,
they even issued a special "purple dot" issue of the sectional to
accomodate the TFR's over the DC area olympic venues.

Old February 3rd 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_1_]

Yep... I think the problem is that "temporary" flight restrictions
around Washington are not actually "temporary" anymore...

--Dan

Old February 3rd 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Ron Natalie writes:

I got into quite a heated discussion with the NACO reps on this who
claimed they had no precedent in putting temporary flight restrictions
on charts.

Nowadays, some TFRs seem to be temporary only in name, rather like
"temporary" martial law.

Lets play bust the TFR! Michelle P Piloting 0 August 20th 06 05:41 PM
Hooters Air Goes Bust Capt.Doug Piloting 4 April 2nd 06 03:07 AM
Hooters Air Goes Bust Jim Burns Piloting 10 March 30th 06 07:12 PM
Hooters Air Goes Bust AJ Piloting 0 March 30th 06 03:21 PM
Criminal Prosecution for TFR Bust? Larry Dighera Piloting 82 November 21st 03 11:34 PM