Cable tracker--WIRING

Old January 2nd 09, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jerry wass

Default Cable tracker--WIRING

Good evening/year

a couple of years ago, I polled this site for a wire marking code, and
got a couple of replies---one said his was ond but he thought it was
used by Piper-I think the other feller said his was military, but old.

Anayway, I'm gonna get some sticky back label stock,
print up all the letter/numbers I know I'll use + spares & blanks ,with
the smallest type that Word has---then run it thru photo processor, and
reduce it some more..I've already purchased some CLEAR heat-shrink in
several sizes to slip over the sticky labels after they're snipped out.

I.m gonna see if I can print the list here, if nnot youcan mail me &
I'll email it to you--3 pgs MS Word..A Armament
B Photographic

C Control Surface
CA Auto Pilot
CC Wing Flaps
CD Elevator Trim

D Instrument (other than Flight
or Engine Instruments)
DA Ammeter
DB Flap Position Indicator
DC Clock
DD Voltmeter
DE Outside Air Temp
DF Flight Hour Meter

E Engine Instrument
EA Carb Air Temp
EB Fuel Quantity Gage and Transmitter
EC Cylinder Head Temp
ED Oil Pressure
EE Oil Temp
EF Fuel Pressure
EG Tachometer
EH Torque Indicator
EJ Instrument Cluster

F Flight Instruments
FA Turn & Bank
FB Pitot Heater, Stall Warn Heater
FC Stall Warning
FD Speed Control System
FE Indicator Lights

If this works, I'll post the rest of the list here, or some one point me
to a site where I can post it---Jerry
Old January 2nd 09, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Jerry Wass" wrote

D Instrument (other than Flight
or Engine Instruments)
DA Ammeter
DB Flap Position Indicator
DC Clock
DD Voltmeter
DE Outside Air Temp
DF Flight Hour Meter

Why not make the above items "A" for Avionics?
--
Jim in NC

Old January 2nd 09, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jerry wass

Morgans wrote:
"Jerry Wass" wrote

D Instrument (other than Flight
or Engine Instruments)
DA Ammeter
DB Flap Position Indicator
DC Clock
DD Voltmeter
DE Outside Air Temp
DF Flight Hour Meter

Why not make the above items "A" for Avionics?

Well it was used by someone before, maybe it exists in some workshop
manuals--just thought if the plane was sold to a non-builder, he might
take it to an old timer that knew it,
Old January 2nd 09, 12:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
vaughn

"Bryan Martin" wrote in message
You don't need the sticky labels. Just print the wire labels out on
plain paper with a laser printer at whatever size is needed, cut them
out and insert them into the clear heatshrink before putting it on the
wire. I've used this technique on all my wiring and it works very well.

Yes, this works, but if you wish to get a bit more fancy, Google "Brady
ID PAL" It is an inexpensive hand held cable labeling machine made for the
electrical industry. You can buy cartridges (this can get expensive) of
label tape in different widths and colors. It can also make heat shrink
tubular labels.

What I love about the machine is its simplicity. I have purchased label
machines that came with 50-page manuals, this one only needs a single sheet
of instructions.

Vaughn