Test?

Old December 30th 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
flash

Default Test?

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
BobR wrote:
On Dec 29, 8:19 am, cavelamb himself
wrote:
tap TAP TaP

Sounds like you have a slight delamination under that last tap. ;-)

Fixed it - finally...

I don't know what happened, but all news access was deader'n a dodo
this morning.

The laptop worked (re the test message), but the brick was daid.

I had to reload the email agent and start from scratch!
Did you know that there are over 110,000 newsgroups now???

aioe still doesn't respond
From my notes, the server is just aioe.org, right???

Right, and it (aioe.org) craed out for me a month ago, and I couldn't get it
working for days. Went to "news.motzarella.org", and haven't looked back.

Flash

Old December 30th 08, 05:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Flash" wrote

Right, and it (aioe.org) craed out for me a month ago, and I couldn't get
it working for days. Went to "news.motzarella.org", and haven't looked
back.

Is that a free service, or pay, and if it is pay, how much?

Thanks;
--
Jim in NC

Old December 30th 08, 12:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb[_2_]

Morgans wrote:
"Flash" wrote

Right, and it (aioe.org) craed out for me a month ago, and I couldn't get
it working for days. Went to "news.motzarella.org", and haven't looked
back.

Is that a free service, or pay, and if it is pay, how much?

Thanks;

Seem to be...

Old December 31st 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
flash

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Flash" wrote

Right, and it (aioe.org) craed out for me a month ago, and I couldn't get
it working for days. Went to "news.motzarella.org", and haven't looked
back.

Is that a free service, or pay, and if it is pay, how much?

Thanks;
--
Jim in NC

Actually, *free*.
It doesn't choke at my number of posts, and has not failed in the time I
have been using it.
Reliability is (for my purposes) 100%.

Many other users seem to have similar successes with it. It is just as
simple to setup as any other.

Wish you well, and a Happy New Year.

Flash

Old December 31st 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Flash" wrote

Actually, *free*.
It doesn't choke at my number of posts, and has not failed in the time I
have been using it.
Reliability is (for my purposes) 100%.

Well, the price is right!

Many other users seem to have similar successes with it. It is just as
simple to setup as any other.

That's the gottcha'! That is the only drawback, having to learn a different
browser. I suppose the differences are not all that great.

As long as my current provider doesn't puke and cancel newsgroups, I'll
probably not change.

Wish you well, and a Happy New Year.

And the same to you and yours.
--
Jim in NC

Old December 31st 08, 09:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb[_2_]

Flash wrote:
"Morgans" wrote in message
"Flash" wrote

Right, and it (aioe.org) craed out for me a month ago, and I couldn't get
it working for days. Went to "news.motzarella.org", and haven't looked
back.

Is that a free service, or pay, and if it is pay, how much?

Thanks;
--
Jim in NC

Actually, *free*.
It doesn't choke at my number of posts, and has not failed in the time I
have been using it.
Reliability is (for my purposes) 100%.

Many other users seem to have similar successes with it. It is just as
simple to setup as any other.

Wish you well, and a Happy New Year.

Flash

That's what I thought, but can you describe he set up process?
THere seems to be more to it than simply subscribing...