Hurricane Dennis cont'd

Old July 13th 05, 01:08 PM
Peter R.

Juan Jimenez wrote:

Don't remind me. Here comes Emily.

And two more depressions right behind her.

--
Peter

Old July 18th 05, 11:17 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Dan Luke wrote:

Too bad we have 4 more months of this crap.

Yep. Here comes another one:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...407.shtml?5day

We (wife and I) were supposed to land in Cozumel yesterday at 11:30am,
decided to change the tickets to September (9/11 geaux figure). I called
the couple that owned the house where we were staying at 10pm last
night. Power was off but it wasn't raining or blowing very hard yet.
Emily was 50 miles ESE with 135 mph winds and moving at 18 mph at the
time I gave them an update. Around 3am they were shoving buckets of
water out of the house (tile floors and solid concrete walls). No damage
to the house, but the yards pretty torn up, they'd already cut down all
the big trees when they boarded the place up. I got the update report
from their daughter in New Orleans after they called her this morning, I
haven't been able to get a line down there since last night, always a
recording until this afternoon when I can't even get that. Looks like
the internet is backup again down there though...
Old July 19th 05, 02:14 AM
Dan Luke

"Darrel Toepfer" wrote:

Emily was 50 miles ESE with 135 mph winds and moving at 18 mph at the
time I gave them an update. Around 3am they were shoving buckets of
water out of the house (tile floors and solid concrete walls). No
damage to the house, but the yards pretty torn up,

Hurricanes are weird things. The damage in the path of even a bad one
is often spotty - areas of massive destruction interspersed with areas
where only a couple of trees are down.

I've ridden out a half dozen or so of the damned things, and every one
of them has done something freakish. It would be fine with me if I
never saw another one.

Hope everything's ok with your people down there.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old July 19th 05, 04:45 AM
Darrel Toepfer

Dan Luke wrote:

Hurricanes are weird things. The damage in the path of even a bad one
is often spotty - areas of massive destruction interspersed with areas
where only a couple of trees are down.

Here at 4R7 it was the tornadoes from Lily that did the most damage, 8+
of them in just a couple hours time...

I've ridden out a half dozen or so of the damned things, and every one
of them has done something freakish. It would be fine with me if I
never saw another one.

Same here, have driven through several of them as well, thats a bit
freakier than sitting them out in the house...

Hope everything's ok with your people down there.

Looks to be, haven't heard word about how downtown and the shops around
the ship docks made it though... Cancun apparently never lost power,
though that was a bit northeast of the eye...

Hurricane Dennis Hotel 179 Piloting 32 July 10th 05 04:49 AM
Hurricane AllanStern Military Aviation 1 September 16th 04 06:42 PM
Bell 47 goes down in Muncie, IN [email protected] Rotorcraft 14 August 17th 04 11:29 PM
Dennis Fetters Mini 500 EmailMe Home Built 70 June 21st 04 09:36 PM