Why did Bush join the national guard?

Old September 6th 04, 01:19 AM
Bob Coe

"ArtKramr" wrote

It makes my opinion far more valid than anyone who never flew a mission
including you.

You win grandpa... Can't fight someone's opinion with facts.

Old September 6th 04, 01:22 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"B2431" wrote in message

You weren't in the AAC either, art. It went out of business in 1941. You
were
in the USAAF.

Not exactly. The Air Corps still existed as an administrative unit until
the establishment of the USAF.

Old September 6th 04, 01:26 AM
ArtKramr

Subject: Why did Bush join the national guard?
From: Raoul
Date: 9/5/2004 5:18 PM Pacific Standard Time

He has the same combat record as you do. ZERO !

Arthur Kramer

Art, what on earth does that have to do with anything? Just because you

went
along for a ride on combat missions and dropped a few bombs doesn't make

your
opinions any more valid than anyone else's especially since you think your
combat is the most important historical event since Adam and Eve.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

It makes my opinion far more valid than anyone who never flew a mission
including you.

You know, Art, I respect all who served their country. I haven't been
in the military but, as one of the protected. I respect my protectors-
all of them.

It's a little unseemly how you feel that your actions at least 58 years
ago somehow make your opinions on battle more worthy than others. You
flew in a plane and risked your life. I respect that fact but it just
doesn't make your opinon worth any more than anyone else. I can read
accounts of battle and I have heard plenty of vets tell me about what
they did in battle. My father served in WWII. He graduated as a
pharmacist in 1942 so, surprisingly, knowing how the military works,
the Navy assigned him to work in a hospital in Idaho. Considering how
many died and were injured, I'm glad of that because, if he hadn't had
such light duty, I might not be here. The point is, though, he was
doing the job his government asked him to do and did it to the best of
his ability. My Dad was a peaceful man and I just can't see him
shooting a gun at someone or dropping a bomb on them so I guess it was
lucky he was more valuable as a medic than as a warrior. I know that he
would have been a warrior if he was asked to do so but I'm afraid he
would have been better pushing pills than pulling triggers.

The point is that he did his part. He opinion about battle is no more
nor less valuable than yours.

raoul

I never said it was. It is all crap you made up.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old September 6th 04, 01:26 AM
Steve Hix

"ArtKramr" wrote

Bush refused to vounteer. And he did it in writing.

For pity's sake, Art. This is a non issue. It was discussed to death
months ago here, and it doesn't mean what you're trying to imply.
Old September 6th 04, 01:33 AM
Bob Coe

"ArtKramr" wrote

Bull****. I have in front of me my report of separation of service dated 16
August 1946 and under Branch it is clearly marked Army Air Corps.

Maybe you're right, the people who did the paperwork weren't there, and
it's all a big lie, that you really never served at all.

Hey! This game is fun...

I bet they were sipping martini's and just wrote your name in. Maybe you
were just on the next bar stool over the whole time.

Old September 6th 04, 01:35 AM
Bob Coe

"ArtKramr" wrote

Everything about Bush is a non issue right? How about everything about Kerry?
Also a non issue? You can't have it both ways.

As far as their service to the country 35 years ago, yes, it's a non-issue,
you are correct.

Old September 6th 04, 02:10 AM
B2431

national guard?
From: (ArtKramr)
Date: 9/5/2004 7:26 PM Central Daylight Time
From: Raoul

Date: 9/5/2004 5:18 PM Pacific Standard Time

[...]

Art, do you know you are lying when you do it? Read on:

From:
(ArtKramr)
Date: 9/5/2004 6:05 PM Central Daylight Time
From:
(B2431)
Date: 9/5/2004 3:54 PM Pacific Standard Time
From:
(ArtKramr)
Date: 9/5/2004 3:59 PM Central Daylight Time
From: "Steven P. McNicoll"

Date: 9/5/2004 12:50 PM Pacific Standard Time

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

He pulled strings to avoid combat.

What hard wvidence do you have of that?

He is not much of a man.

In your uninformed opinion.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
George W. Bush Abortion Scandal that should have been Psalm 110 Military Aviation 0 August 12th 04 09:40 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM