special issuance???

Old August 18th 05, 01:23 PM
Tri-Pacer

Default special issuance???

Does a special issuance show up on the airman's registry web site?

A chap I know needs a special issuance for diabetes. I bought a plane from
him some years back and had been letting him fly it from time to time.

I got a bug and checked him out on the Airman's registry. There it said his
last medical was dated in 2001 making it 3 years out of date.
The restrictions section mentioned glasses and "Miscellaneous restrictions"

When I confronted him, he claimed that all he had to do was have his doctor
sent Oklahoma a statement that he was fit every year and he was good to go.
In other words no 3rd class physical needed. !!!!

I am thoroughly ****ed since if he had an accident in my airplane, my
insurance would have been void and I would have taken it up the butt.

Is he right??

Old August 18th 05, 03:13 PM
W P Dixon

Nope,
Tri-Pacers don't meet the sport category, gross weight is 1400 I believe.
Myself I think they should put Colts and C150's in sport category just
because!

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

"T o d d P a t t i s t" wrote in message
"Morgans" wrote:

"Tri-Pacer" wrote
Is he right??

Nope. Everyone needs the medical at the same intervals; some need to have
the doctor send a note every year, or 6 months, in addition to the
medical.
He has misunderstood, or is pulling the wool over you.

I wouldn't jump too quickly on the assumption that he's
wrong. Why not just ask to see his medical? The database
could be wrong. I also note that the poster is "Tri-Pacer"
is that a Light Sport Aircraft legal aircraft? Maybe he
doesn't need the medical (although you should check your
insurance.

Do not spin this aircraft. If the aircraft does enter a spin it will
return to earth without further attention on the part of the aeronaut.

(first handbook issued with the Curtis-Wright flyer)

Old August 18th 05, 03:51 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Tri-Pacer" said:
Does a special issuance show up on the airman's registry web site?

When I had a special issuance, it looked and acted just like a regular
class 3 medical certificate, but it had a short expiration time. When it
expired, I had to go back to my AME, provide a bunch of paper work, he'd
send it off to OKC, and eventually I got another class 3 medical
certificate with a 6 month expiration date on it.

He's full of ****.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Ahhh, the permie offer. The "Please sign up with us clueless fsckwits
Old August 18th 05, 04:23 PM
Robert M. Gary

I have some friends that if you look them up at registry.faa.gov they
show a special issuance and their medical is restricted to 1 year etc.
Here are a couple examples of class 2 medicals that are not valid after
1 year for any priv.

Medical Class : Second Medical Date: 01/2005

MUST WEAR CORR LENSES & POSSESS GLASSES FOR NEAR & INTRM VISION.

NOT VALID FOR ANY CLASS AFTER.

Medical

Medical Class : Second Medical Date: 10/2004

MUST WEAR CORRECTIVE LENSES.

NOT VALID FOR ANY CLASS AFTER.

Old August 18th 05, 06:02 PM
W P Dixon

DANG!,
Another endorsement to get

"W P Dixon" wrote:

Nope,
Tri-Pacers don't meet the sport category, gross weight is 1400 I
believe.

That would still be an LSA if he's got floats on that
milkstool :-)

Old August 18th 05, 06:23 PM
Tri-Pacer

Nope,
Tri-Pacers don't meet the sport category, gross weight is 1400 I
believe.

That would still be an LSA if he's got floats on that
milkstool :-)

PA22-150 2000# in normal category

The milk stool is counted in the empty weight. :-)

Old August 18th 05, 06:31 PM
W P Dixon

WOW,
I sure would not have guessed it had a 2000 gross! Learn something
everyday.

Patrick

Old August 19th 05, 01:03 AM
Sylvain

Tri-Pacer wrote:
Does a special issuance show up on the airman's registry web site?

I am paraplegic and colorblind; got myself a SODA for the former,
and a letter from FAA saying that I successfully passed an alternative
test (light gun test) for the latter; neither show on the
airman's registry web site, the only thing that shows is that I
need to wear corrective lenses (yeah, I am also short sighted :-)))

--Sylvain