Need a Usenet computer guru opinion please

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 11th 09, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Doe

Default Need a Usenet computer guru opinion please

In article ,
says...
In article ,
says...
Dave Doe schrieb:
I assume you've done the obvious (admittedly not likely to have much
luck on a .ch site!

What makes you believe that people in Switzerland don't take spam
complaints serious?

Oh I'm sure the people in Switzerland do.

But I doubt whether many complaints to any usenet provider get much
attention - I've sent abuse complaints to altopia.com (USA?) and
eathlink.net - received nothing more than automated replies.

One complaint sent to Google got more than an automated reply (or is
it?)...
==================
Hi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The Google Groups account
you reported for Usenet abuse will be suspended soon. We appreciate your
assistance in keeping Google Groups as abuse-free as possible.

Sincerely,

The Google Groups Team

but the posts continued.

And I see, scrolling through my Windows Search (email) for 'abuse' -
that I've sent several other complaints too - none (other than the
google one above) got more than automated replies - many have no replies
at all.

So while I assume Dudley (and maybe others too) have sent a complaint
in, I would not ask Dudley to hold his breath until the spammer stops.

--
Duncan.