Where to place camera in Blanik LET-23

Old July 17th 11, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bob goodwin

Default Where to place camera in Blanik LET-23

Hello,

I am expected to solo very soon and i would love to have an onboard
view of the event. If anyone is familiar with the cockpit of the L23
Old July 17th 11, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bob goodwin

On Jul 17, 5:26*pm, bob goodwin wrote:
Hello,

I am expected to solo very soon and i would love to have an onboard
view of the event. If anyone is familiar with the cockpit of the L23

disregard this post, i accidentally posted pre-maturely, i posted
another version recently
Old July 18th 11, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jul 17, 5:35*pm, bob goodwin wrote:
On Jul 17, 5:26*pm, bob goodwin wrote:

Hello,

I am expected to solo very soon and i would love to have an onboard
view of the event. If anyone is familiar with the cockpit of the L23

disregard this post, i accidentally posted pre-maturely, i posted
another version recently

Do the solo....forget the camera (leave it home)......concentrate on
flying, not photography.

Just one of my pet peeves...

Cookie

Old July 19th 11, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I just respectfully disagree with the post below. If you want to video it,
go for it. But certainly it is important to set it up and let it run and
forget it - don't fiddle with it in flight - that would be distracting and
dangerous.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde

Old July 19th 11, 12:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jul 18, 10:18*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

I just respectfully disagree with the post below. *If you want to video it,
go for it. *But certainly it is important to set it up and let it run and
forget it - don't fiddle with it in flight - that would be distracting and
dangerous.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde

Paul,

Although I see your point, I have seen what happens when guys try to
"combine" hobbies. Having that video on board will be a distraction,
no matter how you do it. I see guys more interested in their cell
phones than flying, more interested in setting up sound systems than
flying, more interested in photos or videos....more interested in
their flight computers than flying.......all very distracted, no
matter how much they say it isn't.

We have seen a recent, odd and unusual rash of serious glider
accidents......here one small thing we can do to enhance
safety....concentrate on flying and leave the other hobbies at home
for later....

Before I let a student solo....everything has to be just
right......his ability, the weather, and mostly his state of
mind.......On the day of solo, if my student is seen "rigging" up the
plane...guess what.....I know he is not focused on what he should
be.....so, no solo!

100% concentration on the job at hand.......memories will have to
be....well, memories...not video....

Cookie (Heartless, harsh instructor)

Old July 19th 11, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vaughn[_3_]

"Paul Remde" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I just respectfully disagree with the post below.

And I just as respectfully agree with it. A solo should be a fairly spontaneous
event, done only when the student and the conditions are simultaneously ready.
Leave your friends, family and extra gadgetry at home, and concentrate of flying
without extra pressures. Hand your camera to your instructor. He/she will be
happy to film the event.. I like to capture the first daylight under the
mainwheel. That's arguably the single irreplaceable moment where you become an
aviator!

Vaughn (CFIG)

Old July 19th 11, 01:59 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

I agree with Cookie AND Paul. I would have someone do a video of your take off and landing from the ground. If you really want to do it though, here is a video done by a friend. Looks like it was mounted in back of the instructor's seat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKHjOZfdVBo

Walt