Middleton, WI (C29) Hangars?

Old September 9th 03, 02:43 PM
R. Wubben

Default Middleton, WI (C29) Hangars?

I am moving to Madison, WI later this year and have heard thru the
grapevine and on the internet that new hangars are being built at the
Middleton, WI airport (Morey Field, C29). Is this true? Are any
available? The airport folks referred me to the city of Middleton, but
my calls have not been returned...(go figure). What is the hanger
situation in that region, as bad as North Carolina? Finding a new
hanger is more stressful than buying a house!

Ryan Wubben
ex-N3000G Forney F-1
ex-N4793T Schleicher K-6
(and on the prowl for another airplane)
Old September 9th 03, 04:10 PM
Ben Smith

I am based at 87Y, and hangars are usually available. But it's privately
owned, rarely attended, poor lighting, never any money for improvements,
etc.. As for Morey, they are currently building a new runway, one hard, one
turf. See the following page for information on land leases for building a
hangar. (beware of URL wrap)

http://www.ci.middleton.wi.us/Transp...rt/airport.htm

Looks like it will be a great airport. It's been getting better every year
since the City bought it from the prior owner, Field Morey. They have the
cheapest 100LL in the area on a self serve credit card pump.

If you plan to build / rent a hangar at Morey, I'd suggest living on that
side of town too. The only 'good' way into Middleton is the beltline, and
the traffic is terrible.

Feel free to contact me offline if you're looking for more info.

HTH,

--
Ben
C-172 - N13258 @ 87Y

om...

Old September 11th 03, 12:03 AM
R. Wubben

Does Blackhawk (87Y) have any hangars?

-Ryan Wubben
Old September 15th 03, 08:30 PM
John W. Galvin

"Ben Smith" wrote in message
... As for Morey, they are currently building a new runway, one hard, one
turf. See the following page for information on land leases for building

hangar. (beware of URL wrap)

http://www.ci.middleton.wi.us/Transp...rt/airport.htm

Be aware that they do not keep the above web site up to date.

Middleton is in the process of completely renovating Morey's. The airport
will now be called Middleton Municipal Airport - Morey Field. The new
runway is under construction and is not expected to be done until early next
year. The new Terminal Building just hit a problem with building placement
and where the Regional Planning Commission will allow sewer facilities. It
may be delayed until next year. The hangar requirements are still, to some
extent, up in the air. There are sites set aside for the construction of
40x40, 50x50, 60x60, 80x80 and T hangars. No hangar construction will begin
until, at earliest, next spring. There are no spots currently available in
the existing and soon to be torn down hangar.

The city to seems to have decided to milk prospective hangar owners as much
as possible. They are proposing:
+ A non-refundable $500 application fee
+ $0.20 / sq ft / annual lease.
+ Property tax on the hangar
+ Hangar must be built to commercial ($$$), not agricultural ($$), code
+ $0.06 / gallon fuel flowage fee
+ 10% of gross receipts if you sub-let
+ May not store non-aircraft related stuff in hangar
+ They must have access to the hangar and can enter without notice.
+ You must have $1 million smooth insurance on the aircraft (they may add
$100,000 sublimits)
+ They want liability and subrogation waivers

Hangar priority is given to:
+ Current C29 hangar residents (~6 aircraft in the one hangar on the field)
+ Current C29 tie down residents
+ City of Middleton residents
+ All others (including me, unfortunately)

I will be attending an airport commission meeting tonight. I can post
updates if you would like.

--Galvin

Old September 16th 03, 01:55 PM
R. Wubben

Updates would be fantastic! (either here or off-line).
Thanks for the info,

-Ryan Wubben
Old September 21st 03, 10:14 PM
John Thompson

Yes, please post updates. Its unfortunate that they are trying to
squeeze pontential users/renters/lessees of the field. Good way to kill
the golden goose. The various taxes and fees are bad enough, but
allowing them access to your hangar? uh uh.

John

Old October 1st 03, 11:28 PM
John W. Galvin

Not much progress at the last meeting. City governments seem to be
incapable of moving at anything other than glacial speed. Construction is
proceeding. They got over their sewer location problems. The terminal /
FBO building is supposed to be done by January. Runway won't be done until
early next year. Interim runway (new taxiway) supposed to be done this
year. Hangar building to commence next spring at earliest. I heard some
speculation that hangar construction may be pushed back to June. No word on
changes to hangar agreements. They are looking into snow removal equipment.
A plane owner had to point out to them that salt & runways/taxiways/planes
don't mix.

--Galvin

"John Thompson" wrote in message
Yes, please post updates. Its unfortunate that they are trying to
squeeze pontential users/renters/lessees of the field. Good way to kill
the golden goose. The various taxes and fees are bad enough, but
allowing them access to your hangar? uh uh.

John

we have hangars for Sale and for Rent near Orlando FL Hankal Aviation Marketplace 2 June 22nd 04 02:18 AM
Hangars in Madison WI Al Owning 4 May 11th 04 04:42 PM
airplane hangars geo Home Built 23 October 22nd 03 04:04 PM
Middleton, WI (C29) Hangars? R. Wubben Owning 6 October 1st 03 11:28 PM
Swedish underground hangars, photos patrick savoie Military Aviation 20 July 7th 03 12:09 PM