A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

soaring science fiction novel title request

Old August 12th 13, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default soaring science fiction novel title request

Years ago I held a copy of a sci-fi novel involving a post nuclear war scenario. The protagonist flies to freedom from a fascist regime using a motor glider. The setting is North America after the Soviet Union strikes with nuclear warheads, leaving the USA in shambles. A Marxist type regime takes over with a police state loss of all personal freedoms.

Does anyone recall such a novel and possibly the title? I've looked through soaring bibliographies and cannot find it. I would like to reacquire the book (book went out on loan to never return, sigh). It was a very good read. I would like to restore it to my soaring library collection. Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks,
John Iacobucci
Old August 12th 13, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lynn
external usenet poster

On Sunday, August 11, 2013 9:11:47 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Years ago I held a copy of a sci-fi novel involving a post nuclear war scenario. The protagonist flies to freedom from a fascist regime using a motor glider. The setting is North America after the Soviet Union strikes with nuclear warheads, leaving the USA in shambles. A Marxist type regime takes over with a police state loss of all personal freedoms.

Does anyone recall such a novel and possibly the title? I've looked through soaring bibliographies and cannot find it. I would like to reacquire the book (book went out on loan to never return, sigh). It was a very good read. I would like to restore it to my soaring library collection. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

John Iacobucci

The novel is Free Flight by Douglas Terman
Old August 13th 13, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lynn
external usenet poster

Thanks,

John Iacobucci

Free Flight by Douglas Terman.
Old August 14th 13, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:20:28 PM UTC-4, lynn wrote:

Thanks,

John Iacobucci

Free Flight by Douglas Terman.

Thanks for the title. I've ordered it from Amazon as a used item. Good read.
Old August 14th 13, 01:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy[_2_]
external usenet poster

I too recall something of that, but not well enough to give a reference.
"Trinity Bay" (I think) was published in Analog, by Glennis La tner (I'm sure I goobered that up), but it had to do with some runaway nano-tech (and a 60/1 glider with a talking vario)
On Sunday, August 11, 2013 7:11:47 PM UTC-7, wrote:

Oh, just read the post by "Flynn, below. Don't you just love the ability to ask any darn question, and have such an awesome bank of experience out there on tap???

Thanks,

John Iacobucci

On Sunday, August 11, 2013 7:11:47 PM UTC-7, wrote:

Thanks,

John Iacobucci