Want manual for Dittel FSG 77 M radio

Old October 20th 05, 04:08 AM
Eric Greenwell

Default Want manual for Dittel FSG 77 M radio

If someone would send me, or point me to, an electronic copy of this
manual, I'd appreciate it. I'm trying to help a club member with an
intermittent squeal in his transmissions. We've already tried exchanging
it with another one, but it also has the squeal, so I'm suspecting it's
the installation, not really the radio. No, neither pilot seems to be
able to find their manual. Sigh...

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA
Old October 20th 05, 04:58 AM
Paul Remde

Hi Eric,

I recently ran into a squeal problem (different radio) that turned out to be
a problem with the microphone.

I'll forward your note to Walter Dittel to see if they can help.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Old October 20th 05, 05:20 AM
Tim Mara

FSG 77 ???????
Do you mean FSG70, or FSG71?
if you need the installation manual for the FSG70/71 let me know and I can
email (big) a copy
If the squeal is a new problem.......it might just be an old battery
)...better check this first..check voltage AT the radio under load....1
amp should do it....if you get a big drop off in voltage under this load (to
say......11VDC or less), that's likely your culprit
tim
Wings & Wheels
www.wingsandwheels.com

Old October 20th 05, 01:21 PM

Tim Mara wrote:
FSG 77 ???????
Do you mean FSG70, or FSG71?
if you need the installation manual for the FSG70/71 let me know and I can
email (big) a copy
If the squeal is a new problem.......it might just be an old battery
)...better check this first..check voltage AT the radio under load....1
amp should do it....if you get a big drop off in voltage under this load (to
say......11VDC or less), that's likely your culprit
tim
Wings & Wheels
www.wingsandwheels.com

Interesting to note that the two guys who are accused of rampant commercial postings are the first guys to offer help on a problem.

Notable that Tim had exactly the right advice on trailer wheels.
Maybe if they can't occasionally get a word in for themselves, the free
info goes away too.
Thanks guys
For moderation in all things- including critcism of others.
UH

Old October 20th 05, 04:35 PM
Andy

Could be RF coupling into the mic lead. Check for proper termination
of the antenna connector and the mic cable shield. You should be able
to identify and check those wires without the manual.

Andy

Old October 21st 05, 05:23 AM
Eric Greenwell

Eric Greenwell wrote:
If someone would send me, or point me to, an electronic copy of this
manual, I'd appreciate it. I'm trying to help a club member with an
intermittent squeal in his transmissions. We've already tried exchanging
it with another one, but it also has the squeal, so I'm suspecting it's
the installation, not really the radio. No, neither pilot seems to be
able to find their manual. Sigh...

Thanks to Paul, Tim, and Dittel, I now have a manual to the FSG 70/71,
and I promise to put on my glasses next time I try to read the model
number off an instrument on a glider panel in a poorly lit hangar!

To put this in context, the radio is in a PIK 20 E motorglider.

After Glen landed today, he said the radio did not seem to transmit at
all. We checked the antenna by connecting a handheld radio to the
connector at the radio, and that worked fine. Using a "rubber ducky"
right at the radio BNC connector, we still didn't get anything out of
the radio, even though the "transmit" light came on. The display didn't
blink, and the panel voltmeter showed 12.3 volts, so voltage at the
radio appeared OK.

We concluded the radio had gone from "intermittent" to "broken", which
is probably good news, since this is far from the first time someone has
tried to determine the problem with poor transmission quality!
Especially troublesome was the radio generally sounded fine on the
ground (for example, while taxiing before/after flight, or just sitting
in the hangar), making it hard to find any problems.

Glen will send it off for repair, and when it comes back, we'll do a
VSWR check and another voltage check, just to be sure, then see if how
it works.

Thanks for the all suggestions, which I've retained for the use when
radio is back.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA
Old October 21st 05, 05:24 PM
Tim Mara

If you need rapairs, Erie Avionics does Repairs to Walter Dittel, Becker,
Microair and some Avionic Dittel radios
Contact Rick Lord there for repairs.he's very good....
http://www.erieaviation.com/
tim
Wings & Wheels
www.wingsandwheels.com

I Hate Radios Ron Wanttaja Home Built 9 June 6th 05 05:39 PM
PBJ-1(Navy mitchell) manual and bunch of ac. manuals FS Nenad Miklusev Naval Aviation 0 April 23rd 04 09:08 PM
Polikarpov PO-2 manual FS,books & Resin kits FS Nenad Miklusev General Aviation 0 April 23rd 04 09:07 PM
Ham Radio In The Airplane Cy Galley Owning 23 July 8th 03 03:30 AM