Third class abroad

Old August 18th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Third class abroad

On Aug 17, 5:34*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote :

Dunno. I'm far from expert on this. I was only repeating what I'd been
told. I'll have to ask this guy for some more details when I talk to him
next. He was talking about flying in JAR land, BTW. Don't know if that
makes any difference, but I'll find out.
I wouldn't be surprised if Canada, for instance, still accepted the FAA 3rd
. Seems like it's something that will have to be checked out before you
went aviating outside the US though.

I've never had any problems with my 3rd class medical in Canada. I've
mostly not had problems in Mexico too although they seemed confused by
the concept that the 2nd class medical becaming the 3rd class.
However, from my reading of the ICAO medical requirements, I believe
Canada, Mexico, and the US are simply waving the 2nd class private
pilot medical. I wonder if pilots in Europe can fly on a 3rd class
medical.

-Robert
Old August 19th 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in
:

On Aug 17, 5:34*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote
innews:c3304365-5460-4ab8-a3c7-

:

[...]

Wouldn't be a bit surprised if that's the case in Canada. AFAIK all this is
pretty recent. I will be in the UK tomorrow and I will see if I can give
the CAA a buzz and see what the dealie is straight from the horse's mouth.

Bertie
Old August 19th 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
5 by 5

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Wouldn't be a bit surprised if that's the case in Canada. AFAIK all this
is
pretty recent. I will be in the UK tomorrow and I will see if I can give
the CAA a buzz and see what the dealie is straight from the horse's mouth.

Bertie

Nothing would surprise you Buttlipp, you're clueless.

Old August 19th 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2008-08-15 16:43:08 -0700, Bertie the Bunyip said:

Apparently, the FAA third is not valid abroad unless specifically allowed
by the coutry you're flying in.

An FAA Class 3 Medical is not issued in accordance with ICAO specifically
because the US filed differences with Annex 3. Therefore the medical is
only valid within the confines of the United States.

Doesn't matter what the reg if the airplane is, either..

Bertie

And yet pilots with third class medicals fly to other countries all the
time. What does the Baja Bush Pilots have to say about this? Why
haven't they made an issue of it?
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old August 19th 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
The Bunyip Slayer

On 2008-08-15 16:43:08 -0700, Bertie the Bunyip said:

Apparently, the FAA third is not valid abroad unless specifically allowed
by the coutry you're flying in.

An FAA Class 3 Medical is not issued in accordance with ICAO specifically
because the US filed differences with Annex 3. Therefore the medical is
only valid within the confines of the United States.

Doesn't matter what the reg if the airplane is, either..

Bertie

And yet pilots with third class medicals fly to other countries all the
time. What does the Baja Bush Pilots have to say about this? Why haven't
they made an issue of it?
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Good job CJ. You just make the top of the next list.

Old August 19th 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"5 by 5" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Wouldn't be a bit surprised if that's the case in Canada. AFAIK all
this is
pretty recent. I will be in the UK tomorrow and I will see if I can
give the CAA a buzz and see what the dealie is straight from the
horse's mouth.

Bertie

Nothing would surprise you Buttlipp, you're clueless.

Not true. I'm surprised you're as big a fjukktard as you are.

I would have thought after getting the CNOTM last onth you'd know better
than to try it again..

But hey, I get up every day in hope of surprises such as that!

Bertie
Old August 19th 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

C J Campbell wrote in

On 2008-08-15 16:43:08 -0700, Bertie the Bunyip said:

Apparently, the FAA third is not valid abroad unless specifically
allowed by the coutry you're flying in.

An FAA Class 3 Medical is not issued in accordance with ICAO
specifically because the US filed differences with Annex 3. Therefore
the medical is only valid within the confines of the United States.

Doesn't matter what the reg if the airplane is, either..

Bertie

And yet pilots with third class medicals fly to other countries all
the time. What does the Baja Bush Pilots have to say about this? Why
haven't they made an issue of it?

Dunno. I'll find out, but In any case, this is a new thing afaik.

Bertie
Old August 19th 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default A new lits member

"The Bunyip Slayer" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

On 2008-08-15 16:43:08 -0700, Bertie the Bunyip said:

Apparently, the FAA third is not valid abroad unless specifically
allowed by the coutry you're flying in.

An FAA Class 3 Medical is not issued in accordance with ICAO
specifically because the US filed differences with Annex 3.
Therefore the medical is only valid within the confines of the
United States.

Doesn't matter what the reg if the airplane is, either..

Bertie

And yet pilots with third class medicals fly to other countries all
the time. What does the Baja Bush Pilots have to say about this? Why
haven't they made an issue of it?
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Good job CJ. You just make the top of the next list.

Bwawhahwhahhw!

Please keep using the Bunyip Slayer monkier, fjukkwit.

It adds spice.

Bertie
Old August 19th 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
The Bunyip Slayer

On 2008-08-15 16:43:08 -0700, Bertie the Bunyip said:

Apparently, the FAA third is not valid abroad unless specifically
allowed by the coutry you're flying in.

An FAA Class 3 Medical is not issued in accordance with ICAO
specifically because the US filed differences with Annex 3. Therefore
the medical is only valid within the confines of the United States.

Doesn't matter what the reg if the airplane is, either..

Bertie

And yet pilots with third class medicals fly to other countries all
the time. What does the Baja Bush Pilots have to say about this? Why
haven't they made an issue of it?

Dunno. I'll find out, but In any case, this is a new thing afaik.

Bertie

Yeah but you don't know ****. Ask someone, that's what your little brother
MX does.

Old August 19th 08, 09:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2008-08-15 16:43:08 -0700, Bertie the Bunyip said:

Apparently, the FAA third is not valid abroad unless specifically allowed
by the coutry you're flying in.

An FAA Class 3 Medical is not issued in accordance with ICAO specifically
because the US filed differences with Annex 3. Therefore the medical is
only valid within the confines of the United States.

Doesn't matter what the reg if the airplane is, either..

Bertie

And yet pilots with third class medicals fly to other countries all the
time. What does the Baja Bush Pilots have to say about this? Why haven't
they made an issue of it?
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Good job CJ. You just make the top of the next list.

Eh, no doubt. I'm on a lot of lists. And a lot of folks are on mine.