Hull/Liability Insurance Recommendations

Old October 19th 04, 04:16 PM
G.R. Patterson III

PaulaJay1 wrote:

I presently have $2 milion smooth on my Archer at a cost of $1500 per year.
How does this compare with others?

That's very little more than 1 million with sub-limits costs me for my Maule.

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.
Old October 20th 04, 01:16 AM
John Galban

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message ...
PaulaJay1 wrote:

I presently have $2 milion smooth on my Archer at a cost of $1500 per year.
How does this compare with others?

That's very little more than 1 million with sub-limits costs me for my Maule.

Going from $100K sublimits to smooth coverage is usually just a few
hundred dollars annually on a simple light single. This assumes that
you have a lot of PIC time ( 500 hrs.) and a least 100 in type.
When I went from a Cessna to a Piper, I couldn't get a quote on smooth
coverage from anyone until I had 100 in type.

For Chuck : I have $1 million smooth on my Cherokee, which probably
has a slightly lower hull value than your Archer. It goes for $1,100
/ yr. Sounds like you're getting a pretty good deal.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)
Old October 20th 04, 07:11 AM
Howard

Avemco is VERY competetive on certain types of aircraft. The main thing to
remember about aviation insurance is no single company has the lowest rates
on every aircraft and for every pilot. Additionally, rates may change from
year to year.

"Dude" wrote in message
I don't know, they were lower than AOPA when I called.

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Doug wrote:

No harm in getting a quote from Avemco.

If your time isn't worth anything.