LPV vs LNAV/VNAV?

Old March 14th 07, 06:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Stan Prevost

Default LPV vs LNAV/VNAV?

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 21:53:19 -0500, "Stan Prevost"
wrote:

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 19:31:58 -0500, "Stan Prevost"

wrote:

For an interesting GPS GP, look at the Jepp chart, if you have it, for
the
RNAV (GPS) RWY 28 at KPQI. The GP starts down about 0.3 NM after the
FAF.
This appears to be done in order to meet a crossing altitude restriction
insice the FAF, and still have a profile that brings you to an
appropriate
height closer in to the runway.

I only have the NACO chart, and it doesn't show up that way. Shouldn't
they
be the same if it is necessary to meet obstacle criteria?

I don't use NACO charts, but could it be that on the NACO chart, the 3.25°
notation only applies to the segment after PESIC?

It ought to apply to the final approach segment. This all sounds familiar,
like it has come up before. I don't remember how it was resolved, and it is
too late to dig through TERPS to try and figure it out. I'm going to bed.
:-) Maybe tomorrow will google the ng for KPQI.

Stan

Old March 14th 07, 03:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Stan Prevost[_1_]

"Stan Prevost" wrote in message

This all sounds familiar, like it has come up before. I don't remember
how it was resolved, and it is too late to dig through TERPS to try and
figure it out. I'm going to bed. :-) Maybe tomorrow will google the ng
for KPQI.

This thread is why it sounded familiar: http://tinyurl.com/2uv32k

If the FAA calculates the angle from the FAF to the threshold crossing
altitude (or the TDZE), then the numbers on the KPQI chart don't work out.
If the distance is reduced by 0.3 nm per Jepp, the numbers seem OK. But
that's not shown on the NACO chart.

It works out pretty close using descent from PESIC to threshold crossing
altitude.

Stan

Old March 15th 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:42:22 -0500, "Stan Prevost"
wrote:

"Stan Prevost" wrote in message
. ..

This all sounds familiar, like it has come up before. I don't remember
how it was resolved, and it is too late to dig through TERPS to try and
figure it out. I'm going to bed. :-) Maybe tomorrow will google the ng
for KPQI.

This thread is why it sounded familiar: http://tinyurl.com/2uv32k

If the FAA calculates the angle from the FAF to the threshold crossing
altitude (or the TDZE), then the numbers on the KPQI chart don't work out.
If the distance is reduced by 0.3 nm per Jepp, the numbers seem OK. But
that's not shown on the NACO chart.

It works out pretty close using descent from PESIC to threshold crossing
altitude.

Stan

Well, the calculated slope from LISDE to PESIC is about 2.94°