Std. 2 Jantar - CG Tost hook?

Old November 26th 17, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Std. 2 Jantar - CG Tost hook?

The manual mentions that a CG hook can be mounted on the landing gear. Does anyone have instructions from the factory on that process?
Thanks
Phil
Old November 26th 17, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Saturday, November 25, 2017 at 6:03:44 PM UTC-7, wrote:
The manual mentions that a CG hook can be mounted on the landing gear. Does anyone have instructions from the factory on that process?
Thanks
Phil

Can't comment on that approach. I had a share of a Jantar Std 2 in the UK several years ago. It would back release at about 700agl during a winch launch. The BGA senior inspector rotated the hook 2-3 holes. After that it went to the top of the launch.

Frank Whiteley
Old November 26th 17, 04:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

That’s an interesting approach to the problem. I mounted a Tost hook on the landing gear of my HP18 and that worked great. Since this is a certified aircraft I’ll have to check with our AME. I anticipate that the factory will have the mounting info given it was an option. Thanks for input.
Phil
Old November 26th 17, 08:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Justin Couch

On Sunday, 26 November 2017 12:03:44 UTC+11, wrote:
The manual mentions that a CG hook can be mounted on the landing gear. Does anyone have instructions from the factory on that process?
Thanks
Phil

It is basically a mount already welded into the gear and two bolts through it. The cable is a separate item off the main pulley below the instrument panel. Inside the seat pan area, you need a large rounded cutout to allow it to swing up with the undercarriage. Typically there is a FRP piece that is bonded into the fuselage to cover the hole. All the Jantars I have seen had this built in from the factory, but it may have been optional if yours never came with the CG hook. I should be able to find the right TOST part number. Do already have a hook and just need to know all the fittings?

Also, I recommend you join up the Jantar group over on Yahoo as there's a lot of drawings and useful paperwork there.
Old November 28th 17, 07:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Munk

It’s a G72 according to the TCDS from EASA, but a G73 or G88 is also
technically speaking compatible. I am rebuilding one that has a CoG release

so if you need pics send an email...

t 08:18 26 November 2017, Justin Couch wrote:
On Sunday, 26 November 2017 12:03:44 UTC+11, wrote:
The manual mentions that a CG hook can be mounted on the landing

gear.
Do=
es anyone have instructions from the factory on that process?
Thanks=20

=
it. The cable is a separate item off the main pulley below the instrument
p=
anel. Inside the seat pan area, you need a large rounded cutout to allow
it=
to swing up with the undercarriage. Typically there is a FRP piece that
is=
bonded into the fuselage to cover the hole. All the Jantars I have seen
ha=
d this built in from the factory, but it may have been optional if yours
ne=
ver came with the CG hook. I should be able to find the right TOST part
num=
ber. Do already have a hook and just need to know all the fittings?=20

Old November 28th 17, 09:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Salmon[_3_]

At 07:39 28 November 2017, Eric Munk wrote:
[...]

My syndicate partner has just confirmed that they fitted a c of g hook to

their Std Jantar, by buying a new u/c frame with a hook on it. That of
course was from the original manufacturers 40 years ago.
Dave