Condor 2 Bug?

Old May 5th 20, 11:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

Default Condor 2 Bug?

On Monday, May 4, 2020 at 11:15:10 PM UTC-7, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
On Monday, May 4, 2020 at 12:02:40 AM UTC+2, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Anyone else notice that after updating to Condor 2.1.1 the ASG-29Es trimer is not functional? While other aircraft still have functional trimmers.

Guys,

There's nothing wrong with the trim.

Condor simulates the trim system used in each glider. Some have lever, some have stick trim and you need to know which they are and map a control suitable for each type.

If you don't want to have that, we have provided an override as mentioned in this thread to let you disable stick trim and use lever in all gliders.

OK where/what is the "lever" command?
Old May 6th 20, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

Dan,

Actually there are two or three places you can control the trim. On a full-sized keyboard,the "Insert" is down trim and the "Delete" is up trim.

You can also us a slider type control on your joystick, but you have to map it using the "Setup/Input" menu, "Assign controls". Using that window, you would click on Trimmer and then move the joystick control that you want to act as trim.

Lastly (as far as I know) you can use the same window to replace the "Insert" and "Delete" keys with buttons on your joystick. I have a Thrustmaster 1600 with a bunch of buttons, I just map one to trim up and another to trim down.

I like that much better than using a slider. I find it much easier to "set" the trim to a repeatable value, I.E. if I have found that -45% will hold the cruise speed I want. I can easily find that again with the buttons. Not so easily with the slider.

Hope that helps,

Mike
Old May 6th 20, 04:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David S

The answer is F12.

Some Schleicher gliders have a trim release on the stick. It looks like a bicycle brake lever but it's very short, resembling a trigger. Squeezing the trigger releases the trim spring. Releasing the trigger engages the trim at the current stick position.

In Condor, pressing the F12 key is the same as squeezing and releasing the trim trigger. This function goes away if you uncheck the "Stick trim if available" option on the "Input" page of the "Setup" menu.

When unchecked, trim will be controlled using your choices on the "Assign Controls" page.

When checked, those controls have no effect, and you must use F12 to change the trim.

Cheers,
...david

Old May 6th 20, 07:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

On Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 4:18:16 PM UTC-7, SoaringXCellence wrote:
[...]

thanks Mike I'll try that. I have my Logitech stick set up to use the trigger for trim. Works on the Schleicher (like I fly) gliders but not on the JS-1C. I use the slider for spoilers/ Dan
Old May 6th 20, 07:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

[...]

Thanks Mike, I see it now in the settings. I had my Logitech stick set up for trim using the trigger like a Schleicher and that doesn't work on a lot of other gliders. Got it working now. thanks again Dan