Attn Jay...

Old July 8th 05, 05:55 PM
Jim Burns

Default Attn Jay...

Hey Jay,
You may need to host another party!
Jim

FOOD NETWORK LOOKS FOR UNIQUE TAILGATERS AT EAA AIRVENTURE OSHKOSH
Al Roker Productions, Inc. will visit Oshkosh for the first two days of EAA
AirVenture 2005 - Monday, July 25, and Tuesday, July 26 - in search of
extraordinary tailgating set-ups to include in a special two-hour program to
air October 6 on the Food Network. If you think your party, camping group,
or special meal really stands out in the crowd, they would like to know
about it. Whether you're featuring mouth-watering food, the latest in
high-tech appliances, interesting figures and personalities, or all of the
above, they'd like to hear from you.

The production staff is also looking for pilots flying in from the New York
City area (or even Philadelphia), who would like to be part of the show.
They'll film you as you take off from your hometown and then catch up with
you once you arrive in Oshkosh.

Just shoot an email to along with a brief
description of your plans as well as the best way to reach you.

Old July 8th 05, 09:16 PM
Montblack

("Jim Burns" wrote)
FOOD NETWORK LOOKS FOR UNIQUE TAILGATERS AT EAA AIRVENTURE OSHKOSH
Al Roker Productions, Inc. will visit Oshkosh for the first two days of
EAA
AirVenture 2005 - Monday, July 25, and Tuesday, July 26 - in search of
extraordinary tailgating set-ups to include in a special two-hour program
air October 6 on the Food Network. If you think your party, camping group,
or special meal really stands out in the crowd, they would like to know
about it. Whether you're featuring mouth-watering food, the latest in
high-tech appliances, interesting figures and personalities, or all of the
above, they'd like to hear from you.

I'm not very good at accommodating TV producers, TV reporters, etc. Too
cynical? Bitter? Jaded?

On the flip side I really enjoy their effort.

However, on the flip-flip side, entertainment TV segments seem sort of like
organ transplants to me. The person giving up the organ (or their heirs)
gets nothing out of the whole process - even to the point of being barred
from financial compensation by law. While everyone on the other side of the
[camera] is raking in the bucks ...rolling in the dough if you will.

AFAJIC, if he doesn't pay the producers a fee for showing his big white sign
in the background, they'll just blur it out. If Bud Light is a sponsor and
I'm drinking something else, they'll blur that out too. *******s! Good work
if you can get it though :-)

To sum up: If they would stay until Wednesday evening ...that would be so
cool!!!

Montblack

Old July 9th 05, 02:35 AM
Jay Honeck

I'm not very good at accommodating TV producers, TV reporters, etc. Too
cynical? Bitter? Jaded?

BIG snip

Wow, you've given this an awful lot of advance thought!

I suspect they're looking for the most unique *food*, though, no? Somehow
I suspect what we will be serving (and eating) in the North 40 is pretty
mundane stuff by "Food Network" standards?

Of course, I've never watched that channel, so maybe I'm wrong?

Although it really IS a unique setting for a party. If they're looking for
unusual places to cook out, the North 40 is probably one of the strangest of
all.

So, I guess I'll leave it at this: If Montblack wants to contact these
guys, I say go for it!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 9th 05, 05:40 AM
Jack Allison

Jim Burns wrote:

Agreed.... and as good as Montblack was a flip-flopping, I'm sure he can
baffle them with bull**it, so I nominate him as official RAO media
spokesman.

Second!

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old July 9th 05, 07:06 AM
Montblack

("Jack Allison" wrote)
Agreed.... and as good as Montblack was a flip-flopping, I'm sure he can
baffle them with bull**it, so I nominate him as official RAO media
spokesman.

Second!

Crap, how did that happen?? Organ speech ring a bell?

Hey Jim Weir, I just got elected to something, and I wasn't even running :-)

I'll contact them for more details.... I'll play nice.

However, rec.aviation N40 party should still be on Wednesday, IMHO - I'm
telling you, we'll go to the effort of changing things around only to be
left on the cutting room floor. It happens. But yes, this would be really,
really fun if we can pull it off.

An additional (Tuesday) N40 effort might be the ticket....

Let me chit chat with them before we decide anything.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/

Montblack - I hear the camera adds an extra 10lbs. Drat!!

From Carl Reiner/Steve Martin:
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid (1982)

"All dames are alike: they reach down your throat and they can grab your
heart, pull it out and they throw it on the floor, step on it with their
high heels, spit on it, shove it in the oven and cook the **** out of it.
Then they slice it into little pieces, slam it on a hunk of toast, and serve
it to you and then expect you to say, "Thanks, honey, it was delicious."

Old July 9th 05, 09:33 PM
Jay Honeck

I'll contact them for more details.... I'll play nice.

However, rec.aviation N40 party should still be on Wednesday, IMHO -

WHAT?? Of course it's still on Wednesday night.

Did I miss the part in the instructions that says "And you have to
change the night to fill in the blank??"
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 9th 05, 11:10 PM
Montblack

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
WHAT?? Of course it's still on Wednesday night.

Did I miss the part in the instructions that says "And you have to
change the night to fill in the blank??"

"Al Roker Productions, Inc. will visit Oshkosh for the first two days of EAA
AirVenture 2005 - Monday, July 25, and Tuesday, July 26 - in search of
extraordinary tailgating set-ups to include in a special two-hour program to
air October 6 on the Food Network."

Will check in with the FN about the above dates, etc on Monday. Maybe
they'll *want* to stay another day!!

But yes, our 3rd annual (N40BBQ) will remain on Wednesday evening.

Two-hour special ...I'm assuming all Oshkosh? I'll have to remember to tape
the episode on the 6th of October. Hope they capture the spirit of the
place.

Montblack

Old July 10th 05, 04:06 AM
Jay Honeck

"Al Roker Productions, Inc. will visit Oshkosh for the first two days of
EAA
AirVenture 2005 - Monday, July 25, and Tuesday, July 26 - in search of
extraordinary tailgating set-ups to include in a special two-hour program
air October 6 on the Food Network."

Will check in with the FN about the above dates, etc on Monday. Maybe
they'll *want* to stay another day!!

But yes, our 3rd annual (N40BBQ) will remain on Wednesday evening.

Darn tootin'. We ain't changing no steenkin' tradition for no stupid
"Reality TV" show...

Mumble, grumble, stooopid food network...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA