You are on a mission.....

Old July 5th 04, 06:25 AM
ArtKramr

Default You are on a mission.....

You are on a mission. What is the most frightening thing you can hear over the
intercom? Any opinions?

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old July 5th 04, 06:28 AM
Dave Kearton

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

| You are on a mission. What is the most frightening thing you can hear over
the
| intercom? Any opinions?
|

| Arthur Kramer

"Attention crew ....there's absolutely nothing wrong with the _left_ wing"

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old July 5th 04, 06:38 AM
Dweezil Dwarftosser

ArtKramr wrote:

You are on a mission. What is the most frightening thing you can hear over the
intercom? Any opinions?

"Kerry wins".
Old July 5th 04, 06:59 AM
Krztalizer

You are on a mission. What is the most frightening thing you can hear over
the
intercom? Any opinions?

"I got it, I got it!"

or

"Let me show you a little manuever I learned on my last Detachment."

worst case scenarios always start with the standard ICS call --

"Uh-oh."

v/r
Gordon
====(A+C====
USN SAR

Its always better to lose -an- engine, not -the- engine.

Old July 5th 04, 09:05 AM
Ragnar

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
You are on a mission. What is the most frightening thing you can hear over

the
intercom? Any opinions?

Umm, "hello, this is your pilot ArtKramr speaking".

Old July 5th 04, 09:51 AM
Dave Kearton

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
| You are on a mission. What is the most frightening thing you can hear over
the
| intercom? Any opinions?
|

| Arthur Kramer

"Hi, you've called 'Willie the Wolf'. We're not in right now,

...but if you leave a message after the beep, we'll get right back to
you."

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old July 5th 04, 10:52 AM
Drewe Manton

(In a redneck accent) "Hey y'all, watch *THIS*!"

--
Regards
Drewe
Old July 5th 04, 12:01 PM
Tom Swift

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

| You are on a mission. What is the most frightening thing you can hear

over
the
| intercom? Any opinions?
|

| Arthur Kramer

"Sorry about the replacement toggleer today guys, I fought to get another
one but he was the only one available. His name is Cramer, or something like
that.
Our regular bomb-aimer will be out of the hospital tomorrow, sure miss
Yazzarian."

Old July 5th 04, 12:06 PM

ArtKramr wrote:

You are on a mission. What is the most frightening thing you can hear over the
intercom? Any opinions?

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

1. "Flight Engineer to the flight station" (in a P-3, when the FE has
gone aft to whiz, have a cuppa or whatever, and the pilots have been
left in the cockhouse without adult supervision..)

2. "Nav, flight, give us a heading back to homeplate"
"Uh, 341?" (clearly stated as a question).
"Nav, flight, I want you to TELL me, not ASK me..."
(also a P-3. Nav was a recently qual'd nugget. Flight was the squadron
Ops O, and not happy with this response. If you thought the shortest
measureable time was a nanosecond, then you didn't see how quickly his
headsets came off and he ended up in the Nav's grill...)

3. Without the intercom: The fire warning horn for any motor....for the
third time...after both its own HRD fire bottle and the one on the
adjacent engine has already been expended. (resulted in a short P-3
detour to Wake Island on a transpac to figure out WTF)

4. "Crew, flight. We've just heard from (insert appropriated command
element here): we're going to PLE (also a P-3 thing, PLE meaning
"prudent limit of endurance". You won't be back in time for the movie, a
hot meal, or anything else...)
Old July 5th 04, 01:59 PM
George Z. Bush

"Krztalizer" wrote in message

You are on a mission. What is the most frightening thing you can hear over
the
intercom? Any opinions?

"I got it, I got it!"

or

"Let me show you a little manuever I learned on my last Detachment."

worst case scenarios always start with the standard ICS call --

"Uh-oh."

I always thought it was "Oh, ****!" (^-^)))

George Z.