A title problem, but I want to buy. How handle?

Old September 1st 05, 10:05 PM

Michael Horowitz wrote:
"OtisWinslow" wrote:

What specific title problem is it?

The FAA Registry shows ownership in the name of the person who owned
it three 'generations' ago. We believe we have a collection of Bills
of Sale, but no one told the FAA. - Mike

Simple... ask a lawyer first. :-)

Find that person, and have them "quit claim" it to you.

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocation!" Eberhard

--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer'at'frii.com WEB http://users.frii.com/jer/
Old September 2nd 05, 04:05 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

wrote in message ...
Michael Horowitz wrote:
"OtisWinslow" wrote:

What specific title problem is it?

The FAA Registry shows ownership in the name of the person who owned
it three 'generations' ago. We believe we have a collection of Bills
of Sale, but no one told the FAA. - Mike

Simple... ask a lawyer first. :-)

Find that person, and have them "quit claim" it to you.

Yep, A couple of years ago someone bought a Cessna 195 my Grandfather had
owned back in the early 50's. He called tracked me down and called and asked
if I would sign a quit claim. I said sure but you owe me a flight after you
ever in the area. About six months later I got a call from him and he flew
in and we went up for about 45 minutes. A very cool plane.

Transient alternator problem John Clonts Owning 6 July 11th 04 06:01 PM
GEM 1200 Problem Jim Kaufeld Owning 11 March 22nd 04 03:54 AM
Real World Problem in FS9 The Real Cali Kid Simulators 12 December 6th 03 11:15 AM
RF interference issue again (esp. for E Drucker and Jim Weir and other RF wizards) Snowbird Home Built 78 December 3rd 03 09:10 PM
Cambridge 302 problem: "Could not get FAT.(A)" while trying to download flight logs Jason Armistead Soaring 5 July 13th 03 02:36 PM