Bush Flew Fighter Jets During Vietnam

Old July 10th 04, 06:29 AM
D. Strang

"ArtKramr" wrote

A guy could work up a perspiration at OCS.

I've been to OCS, and I've served two tours in combat, once as an enlisted man,
and once as a Lt. I can tell you that OCS is worth the time. When you enter a
ground battle with a bunch of teenagers, you better have taken the drill at OCS
to heart. OCS is a leadership school. Someone who rode around in an airplane
wouldn't know the complexity of herding 40 to 80 men to their certain death to
win a battle.

The one thing I can say about Bush, is that he was never a communist. I can't
say the same about JFKerry. I don't vote for communists, pinko's, or listen much
to people like you who do.

Now go cash your welfare check, while the rest of us are productive in life.

Old July 10th 04, 10:55 AM
Cub Driver

High powered jets will kill you for any number of seemingly
minor lapses in concentration, judgement, or luck.

I have huge respect for a 65 hp, high wing, 39 mph stall speed J-3
Piper Cub. Any airplane can kill you, though the Cub is probably the
least effective pilot-killer in the business.

Crikey, only three weeks ago I was tying it down, and the dang thang
put me in the emergency room with seven stitches on the outside of my
scalp and a tied-off vein on the inside. ("Who would have thought the
old man had so much blood in him?")

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
The Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Viva Bush! weblog www.vivabush.org
Old July 10th 04, 01:31 PM
WalterM140

Ya know I really don't know what all the fuss was about here.

Bush skipped out on the last two years of his commitment. That's one problem.

Walt
Old July 10th 04, 01:39 PM
Paul J. Adam

In message , Cub Driver
writes
I have huge respect for a 65 hp, high wing, 39 mph stall speed J-3
Piper Cub. Any airplane can kill you, though the Cub is probably the
least effective pilot-killer in the business.

Crikey, only three weeks ago I was tying it down, and the dang thang
put me in the emergency room with seven stitches on the outside of my
scalp and a tied-off vein on the inside. ("Who would have thought the
old man had so much blood in him?")

Ouch! Hope it's healing well.

What happened? Did your scalp lose an argument with the prop?

--
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous.
Julius Caesar I:2

Old July 10th 04, 01:52 PM
D. Strang

"WalterM140" wrote
Ya know I really don't know what all the fuss was about here.

Bush skipped out on the last two years of his commitment. That's one problem.

JFKerry skipped out of his last 8 months in the war zone (after receiving three
scratches in the line of duty).

Old July 10th 04, 01:55 PM
D. Strang

"ArtKramr" wrote

WOW ! You were a real war hero. I'm dazzled.

As you should be.

Old July 10th 04, 03:37 PM
WalterM140

Ya know I really don't know what all the fuss was about here. I graduated
from
college in 1968 in Arizona.

Did you go to Officer Candidates School?

Bush 43 did not.

Walt

A guy could work up a perspiration at OCS.

Some of these people want to say Bush got no special treatment, but I don't
know of any one who ever (at least since WWII) who got lieutenant's bars
without going through OCS or some sort of officer qualification program. Bush
went through a six week basic air man's course, and then got a commission.

I think that Gore's father and Bush's father both had the same idea in mind in
the '60's. If their sons were going to have political aspirations, they had to
serve honorably. Gore did go to Viet Nam and as far as I know, completely his
service honorably and completely. He got a cushy job, so be it. But Bush DID
NOT complete his service honorably - his dad made sure that the records
reflected honorable service, but unfortunately for the Bushies, there is this
one pesky document that shows a conclusive 16 month break in Bush's service.

Hopefully, more will be made of this in the coming months. Because unlike Gore
-or- Clinton, Senator Kerry served with distinction.

Walt

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
Two MOH Winners say Bush Didn't Serve WalterM140 Military Aviation 196 June 14th 04 11:33 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 05:26 PM